Sign in to follow this  
kelleybp

The HUGE BIG-BIG Windows Vista Thread

i often have the problem where windows crashes and then does a memory dump then restarts. also my wireless connection goes into limited connection then everything that has to do with the wireless card locks up. even device manager. does anyone else have this problem and do u know why???

Not crashing but occassionaly when I shut down I get a

N_DIS_Bug BSOD and it starts a mem dump.

Seems more prevalent since I installed the 88.61s

figured it was the nVidia vid drivers

But it only happens some of the time on shutdowns and restarts.

Are you using x64 or x32?

I was having trouble with my audio earlier, check the last few pages on how I resolved it (for the most part).

You should give some more info, like; were you overclocking, which driver versions do you have installed, what was the error reported by the BSOD?

soundx,

I didn't install new GFX drivers this time, and kept the default ones that came with Vista. My video works fine, and I never saw that error you got. I don't know if that helps ya, hopefully it does.

i had to change my sound output thingy in winamp in order for it to not crash everytime i play music.... something about a direct* something error.....dont remember, but when i changed the way winamp output the sound.....i stopped having the problem...

Good to hear,

could you post how exactly you fixed the problem? It could help other's experiencing similar problems.

i am using MP11 with those drivers u posted earlier and ime not sure of the error screen just goes blank then the blue memory dump screen comes up and within a sec or 2 it is done then my pc restarts. not enough time to c. and i put my pc overclock back to standard cause i thought it might have been the reason for the problems.

I get that blue screen when the OC is too high... but is seems more ram related than anything... try leaving the FSB the same and laxing the ram timming a smidgin...?

Reel...

Can you watch any of the snapshots in media center... every time i try I get "video files either not installed or need to restart media player or pc"...cant watch anything...

DOC,

I can watch the clips fine, are you using x64? Because I had problems playing almost any type of video files in x64.

Devon,

Is errata123 disabled in bios? seemed to help me, stability wise.

Did you install any codecs that could be interfering? How's Media Player working, same problem?