The HUGE BIG-BIG Windows Vista Thread

kelleybp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a 3... with 4 gigs of RAM...:confused: It says 3 of my nvidia drivers are causing Windows to open slow. ATM this is not my main problem. I can't seem to get online... at all, with either NIC. I couldn't do it last night at home on my shared air card from my laptop with manual settings, and I can't today with my PC at work with automatic settings... At work I can see my work's domain, get an IP, but cannot ping my PC or see it in anyway. :(

Partition #3 (Vista x64) on 3 x WD2500KS 16M Cache Raid 0, Read Caching DISABLED.

Vista-ATTO.JPG

Partition #1 (XP Pro 32 w/Vista Transformation Pack) tested from x64 Edition (Partition #2) on same array, same settings

3xwd2500ks324NoReacCacheATTO.JPG

3D Flip - Windows Key + Tab

http://premium1.uploadit.org/soundx98//3D-Fliup.JPG

PerformanceRating.JPG

The Performance Rating definately seems to favor Dual Cores, lots of RAM, and large HDD partitions (may favor 64-bit OSes as well)

HI

I am having a simple day here and cannot figure what I should be doing.

I ahve just downloaded vista and have the txt file (if I open it with winrar) but can some explain in very very simple terms (and step by step please) how on earth I can burn it to Nero (am using version 7)

I have read Angry's...opss sorry Happy Games thread earlier but I cannot fine the ISO to burn and given I only have a CD burn drive (700 mb capacity disk) the 3.2 G download is obviously way too big.

A simple step by step approach for me would be very useful as mu single brain cell is not work too well today :)

thanks as always.

yep....

You'll either need a DVD burner or "Order" the kit....It's 10.00 for the kit plus shipping...you dont open the winrar if thats what it associates it with... just download and burn....it's a ISO file...

Ok Im confused. I downloaded the 32 bit ver. then tryed to unzip it Alls i got was a txt file i opened Nero and it dont see no ISO file eather. So i downloaded the 64 ver and the same thing. What im i doing wrong ? the 32 bit gave me a key to use when installing the 64 ver didnt ?

The download is in the form of an iso. Doesn't need any extracting. Open nero and choose burn image, point to the download and hit open.

Anybody see any way to enable SLI under Vista64? Without being able to use RAID or SLI I don't have a whole lot of use for it.