The HUGE BIG-BIG Windows Vista Thread

kelleybp

anyone know of any drivers for my geforce go 6800 that will work in vista? any help would be great.

read the rules and begin following them before you do anything else please

I'm loading 32-bit Vista right now on this:

Opteron 146

Lanparty CFX3200-DR

4x1GB OCZ PC4000 Gold EL

ATI X1900XT

80GB Maxtor IDE hdd

NEC 3550A DVD-RW

Enermax 600w Whisper

Thermalright XP-90

still can't download 64-bit Vista yet lol

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much thrashing here with 1GB??? UAP on or off, don't know why you have that problem. I want to try to add my USB Flash drive as extra memory, but it died somehow. I'll have to wait till my wife brings her 256mb stick from work, anyone try that yet?

OK, maybe not a lot of disk thrashing but there’s a lot of activity when it’s working hard. It just feels like it could use more memory.

You definitely need a sturdy box to run this on.

ok I downloaded the 32x but when i unzip the files to a new folder I just get a text file saying

"This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system

that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification."

I see no other files in the extracted folder other than the text file but the entire contents of the compressed package is 3.12GB and there is NO WAY that that text file is 3+gigs. I dont know what this means

Are you trying to extract the ISO? It will show up as a rar archive if the association is set to winrar. Just burn the ISO with Nero or UltraISO. DVDDecrypter is free and also works really good.

Edit

I checked it and you definately tried to extract it, because the same thing happened when I tried to extract it to a folder.

OK, maybe not a lot of disk thrashing but there’s a lot of activity when it’s working hard. It just feels like it could use more memory.

You definitely need a sturdy box to run this on.

I wouldn't even bother installing with less than 1Gb of RAM, totally agree.

Have exactly the same problem, 1 time it did see them but then crashed at the 1st reboot 30 mins later

Hitachi Deskstar 7K80 SATA-II (80GB)

I have 2x hitachis also .. when they are removed from the nvraid controller, I can see the other disks fine, when they are connected, no disks show.

Dropped the speeds to sata 1.5gb and same thing on the nvraid .. moved drives to sil controller and all drives detected. I'm not sure if this is a controller issue or some weird incompatability between the controller + hitachi drives + vista.

Since you have a different brand of sata available also, Raphie, can you see if you get past the drive detection with the other drives only connected?

I just installed Vista on a vm session and i cant find any drivers for my geforce go 6800. all the drivers i have tried are not for the mobile cards and they did not work. i did find one driver with a modified .inf file that was supposed to work but when i tried to install it it said that i was not running winvista and the drivers only work on vista i am running build 5384 i have the vmware svga drivers installed now so i at least have 32bit color but i want my nvidia drivers so i can get glass and other effects of vista to work. any help would be awesome. thanks

System drivers (manual install through device manager)

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_download..._x86_beta2.html

Beta drivers (Haven't tried these)

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_download...betadriver.html

I used the grafics drivers from nVidia's site (don't know of the geforce/tnt drivers are what you need)

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

another question. vista only gives you 13 days to activate, how do i go about doing that?

If you use the product key Microsoft emailed to you, you can use that to activate it for good, worked for me. I believe you can activate up to 10 PCs with that.

Well, I haven't tried it yet but I have tried with the other computer. Key in, desktop half an hour later. So far, I've tried Farcry and Steam. Both workcept Farcry does have a bit of a hiccup with the "Dx9 problem". But it has been smooth. Better than a full patched XP :P