The HUGE BIG-BIG Windows Vista Thread

kelleybp

Media player works fine for music...haven't tried any other function...but I will later and post back....

The only thing I have installed so far is Avast and the nVidia beta vista driver...I havent installed anything else yet...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diskeeper has a FREE Beta for the x32 Vista BUilds here

http://www.diskeeper.com/downloads/survey.aspx?PId=104

It does not work in x64 Vista

I've managed to get Diskeeper Version: 9.0.516.0 x64 working in x64 Vista but there is an issue with the MMC and the Icon. Just click on through the error and it's working

I wish the standard defragmentation utility had a graphical representation of the process. Have you noticed any difference using Diskkeeper? I used to use O&O Defrag, which had an option to optimize for storage or performance as well as preventing defragmentation and optimizing the MFT sectors. Which version supports Vista x86? I didn't notice any Vista references on the download page or the FAQ.

I watched a DVD a MP-11 and it drops my internet connection while the movie is playing... works fine I can also watch dvd's in media center...not sure why I cant watch them off the net..? I got a plenty fast connnection

Sound...diskkeeper better than the windows version...I mean why do you prefer it..?

The Top of My Download page says

"Diskeeper 10 Professional Beta for Windows® Vista Download Page"

I think Diskeeper and )&O make the best defragmenters.

Biggest difference is TIME. They are much faster for me.

Doc,

Did you disable automatic codec download in MP11? Do you have alot of media files? I am suspection MP11 is searching for media information, which could make an already unstable connection drop. I set it to ignore media in the preset folders and disabled automatic updating of media info from the web.

Nope...

I have done nothing to any settings...was just trying to watch the snapshots in media center...but didnt know if it was cuz of my card...(5700ultra)...not biggy....I am still liking it more annd more and better than XP...just cuz I am ready for change

i have taken off my overclock to minimize the cause and still have the same problems and for "Is errata123 disabled in bios? seemed to help me, stability wise." i will try it and get back to ya.

Windows Vista Mobile Device Center update available

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3104

Windows Vista Mobile Device Center Step by Step Guide

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/WindowsVi...f238a3138b.mspx

Supposedly the download is available via Windows update, but it fails to show for me, did anyone see or receive this update yet?

wish I could tell you how I did this

LOL

but I did manage to get a control panel to adjust with Vista x64

finally was able to overclock card (needed coolbits), set up HDTV as a second monitor, and see the temps.

Had something to do with a Beta x64 WDM driver

So at least now I am convinced it's just a driver issue with current Vista's

x64clockfreq0ym.th.jpg

x64performance1ce.th.jpg

x64gputemp1bw.th.jpg

crazy

What the hell, I ran the Coolbits registry tweak and it took the registry entry, but made no difference. Obviously I still have that same control panel as before, I wish I had the standard one, like you.

Displaysettings.jpg

This is all I get in Display settings :(

wish I could tell you how I did this

LOL

but I did manage to get a control panel to adjust with Vista x64

finally was able to overclock card (needed coolbits), set up HDTV as a second monitor, and see the temps.

Had something to do with a Beta x64 WDM driver

So at least now I am convinced it's just a driver issue with current Vista's

x64clockfreq0ym.th.jpg

x64performance1ce.th.jpg

x64gputemp1bw.th.jpg

crazy

damn, I think you're the first person on the planet to get the GPU overclock going in Vista x64

which WDM beta driver please? thankx