The HUGE BIG-BIG Windows Vista Thread

kelleybp

Hey guys, is it when you activate windows xp or vista.......that the snapshot of your hardware takes place? I have about 28 or so days left before I have to activate vista. I may get rid of it to a friend that wants it. Is he safe to install it on his machine just as long as I dont activate it? And can I update it without activating it cause I still don't know if I will keep the copy I bought.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i keep hearing how Vista is going to make gaming better but the reality at this time is that Vista makes gaming worse (and with teh DRM it might make it impossible)

I know it will change as within 2 years 10,000,000 Dell, HP, Gateway etc pc's will be sold and they will all have vista and we'll all be forced to move to it =/

if anyone knows how to get the program CoreTemp running properly on Vista let me know.

How did you install it...and what happens when you try to run it...

you may have to navigate to the folder in which you installed coretemp and right click the .EXE file and select properties and then on the Compatability tab select XP-SP2 compatability...hit OK...

then when you go to run it...instead of left clicking...right click and click "run as administrator"

should run....if not I guess I could load it and find out...?

I know that Im sick of all the vista commercials on TV!@#%

I saw part of John Stewarts "interview" with Bill Gates and was hollering out questions I wanted Jon to ask....he didn't hear me.

Damn it, with some actual preperation, John could have nailed the ****** to the wall.

@kelleybp - I think the thread has been renamed at least 6 times :)

Man I have been reading the news regarding Vista's Launch and it looks like MS is taking haymakers to the head.

Very, very bad launch for them so far.

@kelleybp - I think the thread has been renamed at least 6 times :)

Man I have been reading the news regarding Vista's Launch and it looks like MS is taking haymakers to the head.

Very, very bad launch for them so far.

Any links?