help b4 i go buy an asus

jo2jo

i'm putting the asetek HS back on now..(sux i have to pull out MB again...so much stuff..im gonna take some pix and post them here ) so i'm crossing my fingers :)

anyway, so what are the feelings on this PSU? when i decided on it i didnt think the differing rails would matter that much bc i assumed the lower A rails were for HDs and stuff. i paid 160 for it and it was between that the PCP&C unit..this one just scored SOO high on all the raitings i read..much better than anything else except maybe the 1kw PCP&C but i dont want to spend that much $$...

so any verdict on my PSU? once i get this machine up i can test it my self with some heavy cpu load....i will say that a multimeter on one of the rails was showing 12.23 and when i turned on all 11 of my fans, including 2 x 1A tornados tied direclty to the 12v, it only moved to 12.22, 12.21 - granted there was NO CPU LOAD OR MB LOAD on this, my old psu would have moved alot..

this thread has almost been like a real time chat 8)

joe

well if your psu was comparable to pc p&c i think it'll be fine. akasa? never heard of it but it's probably japnese and they usually make pretty good quality stuff in general. but yes be sure to connect ALL connectors on the mobo!!!

i'm putting the asetek HS back on now..(sux i have to pull out MB again...so much stuff..im gonna take some pix and post them here ) so i'm crossing my fingers :)

anyway, so what are the feelings on this PSU? when i decided on it i didnt think the differing rails would matter that much bc i assumed the lower A rails were for HDs and stuff. i paid 160 for it and it was between that the PCP&C unit..this one just scored SOO high on all the raitings i read..much better than anything else except maybe the 1kw PCP&C but i dont want to spend that much $$...

so any verdict on my PSU? once i get this machine up i can test it my self with some heavy cpu load....i will say that a multimeter on one of the rails was showing 12.23 and when i turned on all 11 of my fans, including 2 x 1A tornados tied direclty to the 12v, it only moved to 12.22, 12.21 - granted there was NO CPU LOAD OR MB LOAD on this, my old psu would have moved alot..

this thread has almost been like a real time chat 8)

joe

Good rule of thum. Allway put a DFI board together out side the case first ;) And if its allready out when upgrading.grate rule

The rails on your psu are used as :-

Akasa & S/stone 650(are effectively the same unit) Max !2 v

12v1 EPS12v 8 Pin Connecter 13

12v2 Sata + EPS12v 8 Pin + EPS12v 6 pin 18

12v3 MB 24 Pin + PCI Xpress 16

12v4 4PIN molex connector (HDD) & 4PIN floppy connector (FDD) 8

Max 12v = 42A

I thought of this psu a few months ago when looking to upgrade but didn't for 2 reasons:-

12v4 rail with only 8amps for molex connections can easily get overloaded if using a shed load of drives/fans water cooling.

luck :)

well i finally got my sys running...and right now i have it stress testing my oc...FINALLY..

it was alot of load for the Psu i had before but as of right now, i have all 11 fans running full, and 2 of those are 1 A tornados.. the WC running and i changed my video cards to 2 x pci-e 7300 NON SLI..

im stressing it with 3 runs of p95 - 2 heat, 1 blend 1 hr stable so far (wiht the settings in my sig) and the temps are MUCH better since swaping to Artic silver 5 ... i was holding 34c cpu at 45min load and 37 on the n-bridge. with all the fans running like hell its 32 on cpu , 33 on nbridge.

the psu is holding up great it looks like, i have a multi meter on a molex holiding stedy at 12.17 ...was at 12.23 before load.

so far so good..but for me i need to test it like this for 24 hrs b4 its safe...with out all the fans running too.

joe