Sign in to follow this  
PC1X1

Windows XP Windows is Starting

System specs below, I put on Windows XP Pro SP2, and for some reason takes 20 seconds or so, on the Windows is starting up screen, then moves on to welcome. I had a couple BSODS, prior, I am assuming this is happening because I have alot of USB etc, connected to the computer, Anyone experience something simular?

1. buy a DFI motherboard

2. repair windows using the cd

;)

tbh there is a program you can download called "bootvis" (made by microsoft iirc..) that lets you analyze which elements make up your boot time (e.g. lets you see if a driver is taking forever to load), and it also has a feature to optimize your boot up time :)

Another urban myth gets a boost!

Bootvis is toxic.

There's a reason MS removed it from their site.

Bootvis was originally developed as a tool for driver creation in a production environment. Somehow its purpose was perverted and users thought it could decrease load times.

Bootvis has destroyed more Windows OS installs than any other single source I've found.

DO NOT USE Bootvis!

Another urban myth gets a boost!

Bootvis is toxic.

There's a reason MS removed it from their site.

Bootvis was originally developed as a tool for driver creation in a production environment. Somehow its purpose was perverted and users thought it could decrease load times.

Bootvis has destroyed more Windows OS installs than any other single source I've found.

DO NOT USE Bootvis!

Amen!

Bootvis was originally designed for developers and was not intended for general use. Of course, if it is on a download site, especially M$'$ site, then it must be for everyone. Right? No! that is not so.

I don't believe that the number of USB devices is going to make a difference in boot time. At least not that much difference. My guess is that there was a glitch during install. You may want to try it again.

Yepp, tried bootvis ages ago. Pretty much useless

I suppose you could disable as much in your BIOS that your not using like IDE's and SATA ports that have nothing connected. And disable your floppy untill you really need it.

My XP never installs the same way twice, Either quick boot or long boot but I always do the same things, bloody mind of its own if you ask me :D