Sign in to follow this  
nicenoobs

Will 7950 be compatable with the Ultra-D?

I posted the same question as an add on to a recent thread (madian 225 on 7900 and 7950!!)in here, but wanted to give it a dedicated spot as I am still on the fence and am running out of time.

Any and all input welcome! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking of stepping up myself, for about $60, but i'm worried it wont be compatable with my motherboard. As of now the only listed DFI motherboard listed as supported by evga for the 7950 is the Infinity NF4 sli.

My step up expires in about 15 days...what do you cats think? Is it worth the sixty bucks and compatiblity issues?

Guest Kobalt

Why wouldn't it work? :confused:

All that the card requies is 1 16x PCIe slot, and that is what the Ultra-D has.

In principle, the card will work with any nVidia mobo that has a PCI-e x16 slot. The mobo does not have to have the SLI chipset. However, the video card does have a special PCI-e switch on it that requires a BIOS revision to work with it. At present, no LanParty board has been tested by nVidia to be compatible. Here is a link to the currently tested and verified mobo's.

http://www.nvidia.com/content/geforce_gx2_sbios/us.asp

That may mean that nVidia hasn't tested the LanParty mobo's yet, which I would doubt. Or, the BIOS needs to be revised before it can be tested.

I'll wait until my mobo is on the list, or someone in the forum has actually confirmed that it works in their rig before I drop that much money.

Then again, I could be completely off base on this.

The 7950GX2 is okay, but i'm just wondering how in the heck can we fit one of those 7900GX2's in our case, HAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Look at the size of this thing, and i thought technology was suppose to advance;smaller for convenience not bigger for headaches!!!!

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/910/4/pag...0gx2/index.html

:eek:

that card should come with its own dedicated case and a breakout cable.

i hate you guys :( i dont have access to the step up program down here :( (Argentina)

Anyway...that 7950gx2 should work fine on an UltraD

Guest shaolin95

Well hopefully someone will report soon if it works cause I will more than likely upgrade once again!

jumpman....AGUANTE BOCA y la seleccion! :)

OFFT: Aguante :P ...aunque no soy futbolero...soy simpatizante de boca ^^

ONT: Guys...i just read (but i dont know where) that the 7950 works on the ultra d...so be happy ^^

(Not me...i dont have that kind of money :( im poor!...well, not really...but i wish i had that kind of money :P)

OFFt2: Does anyone knows HOW THE HELL can i lock the "thread mode" ? ...i set it to Linear mode and it goes back to hybrid or something like that... Its really annoying.

Got An XFX XXX 7950 GX2 in this board. I did wonder if setting to 8X actually caused as system Tick. No real issues other than heat.