Major problems overclocking Venices!

i have an E3 venice,and just like hawkeye there, got the same hit, 2.8Ghz at 311x9 on TT BigTyphoon, and 1.65V...

did u try higher voltage? becoz my E3 seems to luv high volts... running 6months here no prob. If i use 1.55 or lower, its not gonna touch 2.4 even.... once i hit 1.6, it flies!

and infinity board too like yours ;)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprisingly now it passes SuperPI32M with setting above :rolleyes:

I stopped using overclocking software like SysTool & Clockgen and used bios settings!

dude????? you were using software OC tools??? no way dude. theres no wonder you werent gettin good clocks man.

dude????? you were using software OC tools??? no way dude. theres no wonder you werent gettin good clocks man.

havent found one yet that works without crashing on my nf4 or asrock.worked

alright on nf2 ultra b,but didnt really need it.

here is what I have got stable yet:

2418Mhz

I have problems still. It seems not to like other LDT multipliers , or CPU multis, or voltages above 1.375V , it doesn't boot to WinXP, it usually stops to Nvidia IDE ROM , detecting arrays (I don't have raid enabled)

It posts 2,9 Ghz @ 1.55V

here is what I have got stable yet:

2418Mhz

I have problems still. It seems not to like other LDT multipliers , or CPU multis, or voltages above 1.375V , it doesn't boot to WinXP, it usually stops to Nvidia IDE ROM , detecting arrays (I don't have raid enabled)

It posts 2,9 Ghz @ 1.55V

right - no offence but i think you are expecting a bit much.

there are no - repeat - no guarantees in overclocking. the chips are not specified to do above there rated speed so there is nothing to suggest they will or wont go beyond that speed - its just pure luck. my opty absolutely will not go above 2.92ghz on air. but some peoples 144's will do 3.1 on air. so im not gonna sit here a week trying stupid things like 1.8v to try an get an extra 100mhz nor am i gonna spend 100's on phase.

its highly likely that your chips may not be able to go way up into the 2.9 region and be prime stable. i think personally, there is something in your setup that is holding you back, maybe your rails arent stable or your PSU just isnt strong enough (a high probability since 480w is recommended) 0r perhaps your RAM is not as good as it needs to be. look at some of the entries in the OCDB an see what other people are using with that CPU and board combo. that may give some indication as to what you need to help your OC.

GL

Paul

. i think personally, there is something in your setup that is holding you back, maybe your rails arent stable or your PSU just isnt strong enough (a high probability since 480w is recommended) 0r perhaps your RAM is not as good as it needs to be. look at some of the entries in the OCDB an see what other people are using with that CPU and board combo. that may give some indication as to what you need to help your OC.

GL

Paul

People have got their Venices easily to 2,7 Ghz with this MB.

And my rails are super stable, under stress, they all are exactly what they should be,

+12V hovers around 11.99-12.00

+5.00 , 5.00

+3.3V, 3.33V

check out the reviews of this Antec NEO 430 HE

I am now testing ram, memtesting @ 229 Mhz 2.5V 3-4-3-3-2T, already 200% coverage

People have got their Venices easily to 2,7 Ghz with this MB.

And my rails are super stable, under stress, they all are exactly what they should be,

+12V hovers around 11.99-12.00

+5.00 , 5.00

+3.3V, 3.33V

check out the reviews of this Antec NEO 430 HE

I am now testing ram, memtesting @ 229 Mhz 2.5V 3-4-3-3-2T, already 200% coverage

dude you are missing my point. read it again. you are sayin just coz some other people have posted good clocks that you MUST get the same. its not how it works. what about all the people who didnt get great clocks? they probably didnt post up anything. your not gonna come onto OCin forums an see posts about 2.7GHz Venices then start raving about your 2.45GHz are you? i knocked my pals 3200+ up to [email protected] on a NF3 S939. it was easy but i was using an OCZ modstream 450 and 2GBs of OCZ Gold PC4000.

an as for reviews - that doesnt guarantee compatability. Corsair get the best memory reviews in the world but more overclockers use OCZ or Muskin or Gskill than use Corsair in there rigs.

dude you are missing my point. read it again.

I understand what you mean, but did you think that I have done everything possible to squeeze max out of my cpu and my mem. I doubt I have.

Overclocking takes patience. It took almost 2 months to get max out of my locked 2500+ (2600Mhz @ 1.7) in the golden socket-a era.