Which heat sink to buy!

HITandRUN

Hey guys,

I’m in a process of building a comp for my wife/kids and would like to know what the best air cooled heat sink would be for a 939 socket? I got out of air cooling my rig about 3 years ago so I’m not really up to date on all the new stuff. I’m looking for a suggestion on what to buy. Please let me know what you think. THANKS! :shake:

Thermalright XP-90 or SI-120

Artic Cooling Freezer Pro 64

Zalman CNPS9500 LED

AMD Heatpipe cooler

Most would recommend one of the first pair. Ive got the Artic Cooling Pro. The Zalman cooler is hightly regarded, but also more expensive. Finally, the AMD heatpipe cooler is almost as good as some of the others on the list. Check the polling section for the "What CPU cooler are you using?" thread. People posted their temps there.

your kidding right ? the one and only BIG TYPHOON :nod:If ya wont to get out of old histrey or ya could just go with the flow and be were ya was when you went H20 and get a xp90

lol so was crank phones if you wont to shock someone :nod: not bad mouthing just my sick since of hummer :nod:Dude look at it like this? theres a lot of talk going around about the Big Typhoon. So much that travis has ask for one to see what the big deal is hmmmm And we all know what the king sales. and what the king says sales on the street.But Can he keep up?

I like the Thermalright products. I used the XP-90 on my girlfriends computer, because I knew that for her uses (Internet, MSOffice programs, light gaming) I could close up the box and not worry about it until it was time for an upgrade. Plus, it's easy to install. I have one on my non-OC'd box that has a nasty hot prescott chip in it and it keeps it at reasonable operating temps while using average-everyday apps.

I'm leaning for the artic cooling freezer Pro 64, but I may go with the Xp-120 if anyone thinks it will fit inside an Antec p160 case?

But to the OP, the AC freezer Pro 64 is said to be the most effective cooler per dollar spent. You can get it for $25 delivered using Price grabber.

If you get that HSF take into account that svc.com has the same one and if you follow the link in HGs sig you will benefit the street.

to go a step further svc also carries all the above mentioned heatsinks as well.

Guest Blooz1

Those Ninjas are supposed to perform really well, but they're HUGE!