Sign in to follow this  
Andrew_e1

How can i stress video card and cpu at the same time?

Hello,

is there a way to do this? i dont think it would be stable if i run prime95 and 3dmark at the same time...

so any recommendation?

thanks

I run prime and loop 3DMark 01 to test for final stability. Just set prime to below normal priority

is there a way to do this? i dont think it would be stable if i run prime95 and 3dmark at the same time...

If its not stable then you need to back off. ;)

You can run an instance of Prime95 and 3dmark01 or 03 at the same time, its quite a good way to tax your power supply.

Guest caffeinejunkie

Programs like 3dmark stress the cpu as much as it would when running prime

it might even stress it more since when your gaming your stressing the entire system

I mean your stressing cpu,ram,gfx,hard drives,and psu (all the extra work and the load of your video card will draw alot of power and if you have instability due to poor rails or poor overall power then this will bring it out)

Really even after your done with 24hrs of prime the ultimate test is playing something like bf2 for 3+ hours solid

(well the ultimate for me really is a massive ammount of multi-taskiling while running games but thats just me)

Want to stress both? Play a game. Very simple man. You're working both memory, CPU (both cores), and video at the same time. Whichever game is up to you.