New DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-MR2/G

So i have tested upto DDR1200 2T, 9001T and for me 1T is much easier to tweak for and seems as fast if not faster. To get there you need to tweak a bit away from Oskars base settings but they are pretty damn close and a good start.

Drive strength...2 1gig dimms test 8 to 12, i find 10 nice. Weak works for me, the office found Normal nice for 2t high clocks.

The other drive strengths I set to the following...from the top:

Im still playing with these, this is a good base though and helped me hit 9001T ;)

TRC....I set 11 to 13, why? as it pulls TRAS back to how we expect it to work ;) if you leave it high low tras will lose performance and add stability, high TRAS will gain performance and lose stability, all AM2 boards do the same...its the memory controller!!

TWR...big gains with this one, 3 is aggresive, losen for stability

TRWT tight=instability, play with it

TWTR 2 is good for fast ram 1T, losen for high clocks

TREF, may have issues 7.8 is faster than 3.9, 15.6 may not work, under investigation at this time

Max Async Latency, 6 thru 10, 10 for adding in stability, losing a little performance

DRAM ODT auto 75 is ok although 50 may help high clocks, still testing this one

Idle Cycle limit...16 is ok, seems bugged in the bios, try the others though and see how they do, setting 128 reads 16 in bios.

That is where im at right now, the board clocks ram VERY well, and I was able to hit higher speeds with the FX with lower Vcore than the Foxconn reference.

I will try and post screenies to help you along and time permitting write a guide. I know Robert and Travis have one on route, with Robert helping me now i may have him look after the guide if he feels upto it.

Please keep the questions in the thread, lots of peeps looking to run this board so keeping the info public and away from PM's will help more.

T

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i have tested upto DDR1200 2T, 9001T and for me 1T is much easier to tweak for and seems as fast if not faster. To get there you need to tweak a bit away from Oskars base settings but they are pretty damn close and a good start.

Drive strength...2 1gig dimms test 8 to 12, i find 10 nice. Weak works for me, the office found Normal nice for 2t high clocks.

The other drive strengths I set to the following...from the top:

Im still playing with these, this is a good base though and helped me hit 9001T ;)

TRC....I set 11 to 13, why? as it pulls TRAS back to how we expect it to work ;) if you leave it high low tras will lose performance and add stability, high TRAS will gain performance and lose stability, all AM2 boards do the same...its the memory controller!!

TWR...big gains with this one, 3 is aggresive, losen for stability

TRWT tight=instability, play with it

TWTR 2 is good for fast ram 1T, losen for high clocks

TREF, may have issues 7.8 is faster than 3.9, 15.6 may not work, under investigation at this time

Max Async Latency, 6 thru 10, 10 for adding in stability, losing a little performance

DRAM ODT auto 75 is ok although 50 may help high clocks, still testing this one

Idle Cycle limit...16 is ok, seems bugged in the bios, try the others though and see how they do, setting 128 reads 16 in bios.

That is where im at right now, the board clocks ram VERY well, and I was able to hit higher speeds with the FX with lower Vcore than the Foxconn reference.

I will try and post screenies to help you along and time permitting write a guide. I know Robert and Travis have one on route, with Robert helping me now i may have him look after the guide if he feels upto it.

Please keep the questions in the thread, lots of peeps looking to run this board so keeping the info public and away from PM's will help more.

T

thx for filling in some very grey areas for us Tony

I've quoted and linked this post in the top sticky so everyone won't have to try and read through 27+ pages just to find the very important information from your post

Im working on a new 1T 800 part for this board, we may put the settings in EPP to make life easy for you all, just enable sli ram and it clocks its self and you push from there.

I have to admit this is the best AM2 board I have to date, the Foxconn was the best with asus behind it but DFI made a monster as usual ;)

I will get back to testing and post more as i get time...always glad to help.

so the SLI memory thing is just an extra set of parameters that motherboards read and set all the timings/settings for you?

When Corsair first announced SLI memory it was a gimmick, like SLI needed their specific memory...but is this what it has turned into?

Im working on a new 1T 800 part for this board, we may put the settings in EPP to make life easy for you all, just enable sli ram and it clocks its self and you push from there.

I have to admit this is the best AM2 board I have to date, the Foxconn was the best with asus behind it but DFI made a monster as usual ;)

I will get back to testing and post more as i get time...always glad to help.

Thats the best review I have read about this motherboard... :eek:

OK! The site where ima buy all my computer stuff (when i build my rig) from, officially has this motherboard available, as in its in stock and you can buy it right now lol. There selling it for 254.00 Canadian Dollars. Woot! so excited to get this board.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...manufacture=DFI

Put a signature together with everything you intend to buy so folks can steer you clear of any "offending" components (like a garbage PSU) ;)

Mobo: DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G (duuh)

RAM (Memory): OCZ Gold XTC PC2-6400 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-800 CL5-5-5-12 240PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit (or the Corsair XMS2, whatevers on sale lol)

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Dual Core Processor Socket AM2 Windsor 2.4GHZ 2X512KB 89W 90NM

Video Card: EvGA 7900 GT KO

Case: Coolermaster Wave master Black (really like this thing)

PSU:Enermax All In One EG565P-VE Fma ATX12V V2.0 20/24PIN 535W 2FAN SLI Ready Power Supply

HDD: Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB SATA2 7200RPM 16MB 8.9MS

DVD drive: Benq DW1650

SOund card: Creative sounblaster Audigy 4

HSF: Zalman CNPS-9500 AM2

LCD moniter: LG L203WT

Sony floppy drive and extra coolermaster 80mm fan.

all this comes out too ~$2300 canadian AFTER TAX, AFTER SHIPPING/HANDLING/INSURANCE AFTER EVERYTHING!! FINAL FINAL FINAL PRICE. (like to make that clear)

PLEASE COMMENT!!!

Mobo: DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G (duuh)

RAM (Memory): OCZ Gold XTC PC2-6400 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-800 CL5-5-5-12 240PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit (or the Corsair XMS2, whatevers on sale lol)

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Dual Core Processor Socket AM2 Windsor 2.4GHZ 2X512KB 89W 90NM

Video Card: EvGA 7900 GT KO

Case: Coolermaster Wave master Black (really like this thing)

PSU:Enermax All In One EG565P-VE Fma ATX12V V2.0 20/24PIN 535W 2FAN SLI Ready Power Supply

HDD: Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB SATA2 7200RPM 16MB 8.9MS

DVD drive: Benq DW1650

SOund card: Creative sounblaster Audigy 4

HSF: Zalman CNPS-9500 AM2

LCD moniter: LG L203WT

Sony floppy drive and extra coolermaster 80mm fan.

all this comes out too ~$2300 canadian AFTER TAX, AFTER SHIPPING/HANDLING/INSURANCE AFTER EVERYTHING!! FINAL FINAL FINAL PRICE. (like to make that clear)

PLEASE COMMENT!!!

this post belongs in the Recommendations section

please post your 'what should i buy?' stuff there instead of this thread