Sign in to follow this  
mfurse

New DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-MR2/G

Anyone thinking of trading in their DFI Athlon rig for a Conroe for gaming needs to look at this article.....

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html...W50aHVzaWFzdA==

this has nothing to do with this thread

on top of that, a lot of us are still going to get a Conroe, because we don't care what any online reviews say

we want to try the newest, fastest, bestest setups.

We want to find out for ourselves that Conroe is great, or only as good as AM2, or not as good as AM2.

A lot of us came from Intel systems and we miss having a competitor like Intel. We love AMD, and will always love AMD, but we want something new to play with.

And right now, the AM2 is still good on paper (none of us really knows how good or bad since none of us has an AM2 setup since DFI hasn't released an AM2 board yet other than the one coming to me Friday).

Right now Conroe is still only on paper because no one has any real cpu's on real DFI boards using real applications and real games run by real users, not biased (or even semi-biased) review sites.

So please stay on topic in this thread, and to everyone...do not turn this (or any thread in this entire forum) into an Intel sucks or AM2 sucks situation.

That's for babies and I don't have time to babysit.

long time DFI user, I know this is a question that probably gets asked a bit, do you have any rough eta of when the 590 am2 will be out? Are we talking weeks or months?

Just after a ball park figure, as I need to build a new am2 based system soon for a customer, and I want to use DFI if possible.

Anyone thinking of trading in their DFI Athlon rig for a Conroe for gaming needs to look at this article.....

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html...W50aHVzaWFzdA==

Hmm, well I am not going to repeat what marauder and HG already said... but IMO it is always like that when new platforms arrive: they always start slow, then they jump ahead like a rocket after some time.

You said Athlon, and if someone still has an Athlon system as main gaming rig then by all means trading it for a Conroe or AM2 would be a great idea... but like AG said I would wait for a real motherboard to appear in sight: I am talking DFI icon10.gif

To be honest, going into the dark side (Intel) gives me the creeps... hehe, joking :P

hrmm...just opened the box for the Infinity AM2...and realized that I have a shiny new 4800+ dual core for it...but no AM2 heatsinks...

so in the meantime I am soaking the gummy crap on the chipset with acetone to get it off and replace it with the Iceberq chipset cooler ;)

I gonna root around and see if I have anything that might fit the AM2, but looks like I am gonna have to order something from SVC

doesnt the old stock 939 heatsinks work on the AM2 platform, with the exception of the retention mechanism?

In HG's avatar, replace teddy bear with AM2 Infinity mobo... and you have the exact moment HG's opened his new mobo's box :)

hrmmm....i replaced the stock chipset with the Iceberq and chipset temps are easily 65C without even doing anything...and the machine is just constantly rebooting no matter what I do (I'm using an Opteron 170 939 stock heatpipe heatsink on it and it is working find for that)

I've already flashed to latest bios but not even setting to 2T is making a difference...I got to spend some time fooling with this thing as I'm just getting aggravated now

welp...I give up

4 different DDR2 kits (tried one or both sticks in each RAM slot)

4 different vid cards

3 psu's

flashed the bios

tried different install cd's

nothing

just keeps rebooting over and over

guess I'll just have to wait and see if DFI will send me another board and cpu (as I have no clue which is the problem, but all these psu's, DDR2, etc all work in my 975X/G Infinity so they aren't the problem....since I only have a single AM2 cpu and AM2 board, it could be either one)

I'm extremely aggravated now

EXTREMELY

DAMN! I read this post looking for somehting good.

come on HG!!!!

keep us updated. I am thinking about heading back to AMD (am2 3800x2) if the infinity or new lanparty pans out.

i feel your pain..sorta.

i just bought a 400mhz amd k6/2 at a garage sale for a few bucks, and i cant get it to work at all.. at least it came with nice speakers :)

i feel your pain..sorta.

i just bought a 400mhz amd k6/2 at a garage sale for a few bucks, and i cant get it to work at all.. at least it came with nice speakers :)

You sure you didnt snag that off my tree lawn a few months ago? Heh. I think i literally had 10-12 old computers on the tree lawn. shoot me a PM if you need a MB or something. I think i pulled a few parts out before tossing them.