Sign in to follow this  
Roch

New BIOS for NF4 to support 7950 GX2?

I agree, it would be great if someone from DFI would put up a sticky for ALL nF4 boards indicating whether they will work with one (or even two) 7950 GX2(s).

I can not believe that only DFI Infinity NF4 SLI has a full support of 7950 GX2 with this bios 2006/04/10.

Are there any adminds or mods around that can ask DFI about other boards???

I tried to contact DFI directly about it 5 days ago and still no responce.

I can not believe that only DFI Infinity NF4 SLI has a full support of 7950 GX2 with this bios 2006/04/10.

Are there any adminds or mods around that can ask DFI about other boards???

I tried to contact DFI directly about it 5 days ago and still no responce.

Keep in mind that its tough for nvidia to test it out on EVERY board, they just list the ones they happen to have played with.

Obviously there are people that are using them on Lanparty boards...so what's the problem?

I'll be getting one in the next week or so, I can test it on both an Expert and Ultra-D, I might even loan it to the Admin to play with more thoroughly if he wants to.

Keep in mind that its tough for nvidia to test it out on EVERY board, they just list the ones they happen to have played with.

Obviously there are people that are using them on Lanparty boards...so what's the problem?

I'll be getting one in the next week or so, I can test it on both an Expert and Ultra-D, I might even loan it to the Admin to play with more thoroughly if he wants to.

The problem is that I don't know which BIOS to use for my DFI NF4 SLI-DR UT with 7950 GX2 cause right now I have an old one, from last year I believe.

Guest Xenozx

I've talked to the dude who has this running on the NV forums and he says the card works fine on the Expert with the latest bios from DFI's site. he said he didnt have to do anything special to get it to work.

Mr. Cynical says the most likely explanation for the Infinity to show up on NVidia's list and the SLI-DR/Ultra-D is not is that NVidia is too stupid to tell the DFI board lines from each other and they actually tested a SLI-DR.

(Which of course would be rooted in DFI's insufficient naming scheme, the SLI-DR/Ultra-D are practically nameless).

You guys are having no problems getting these 7950s installed and running.. but are you getting optimal performance.

Two totally different answers.