I cant find front audio connector

I have a front audio connector kinda just hanging there in my case. I never took the time to hook it up because i couldnt find the connector and never thought id use it anyway.I have looked through my manual and looked at the diagram on page 11 and it says somthing about Front Audio and CD-in Connectors on Karajan. I have looked at the mobo and the diagram and i still cant seem to find the front audio connector. Im starting to wonder if its even there. Any help would be appriciated.

thanks in advance.

:)

yea, blackhole's right. the audio module has the front panel pin header on it. there are two jumpers that are on there so you got to take it off then pull the audio cable all the way to the top to connect it. if you like to make your case look all nice without wires everywhere, then that might be a problem.

Front Audio

The front audio connector (J4) on the Karajan audio module allows

you to connect to the line-out and mic-in jacks that are at the front

panel of your system. Using this connector will disable the rear audio’s

line-out and mic-in functions.

If i may add a question to this, this is what it says on the manual. Since "Using this connector will disable the rear audio’s line-out and mic-in functions", this means we have to put back the jumpers again if we want to use the rear line-out/mic-in. As i sometimes just would like to plug in a headphone on the front audio out, and most of the time use the read line-out for my main speakers, isn't there a way to activate both front and rear? Kinda, plug & play - without opening the case and moving jumpers and all?

The rear audio conectors will only be disabled when you connect a device in the front outlets. The rear will be active as soon as you unplug your headphones again.

• 4 weeks later...
The rear audio conectors will only be disabled when you connect a device in the front outlets. The rear will be active as soon as you unplug your headphones again.

are you sure about that? if i use x.1 rear panel can i use stereo headphone on front? and this will disable all the x.1 rear channels and not only a 2.0 of the front? does this happen also for the front panel mic connector?

• 2 weeks later...

Tried it with the speakers and it seems both back and front connectors are working. You'll need to just turn off your speakers connected at the back if you want to listen using from connectors for headphones.

So, from what i tried, i looks like no disabling is being done. Either that or i may have just missed some combinations on the connectors. Anyway, works as i wanted it to..so no more complaints.