Sign in to follow this  
Grzyb

Does anyone know where to buy Evercool VC-RE in UK? (proper english PL

Tried a Google Search for the UK & comes up blank,

Thought I remember seeing one mentioned here, but can't seem to find the link anymore...

NE1 know of a UK Stockist for the above??

Thanks for the heads Up, from anyone

Grzyb

UK Evercool's distributors: http://www.evercool.com.tw/distributors_uk.htm#uk

Try calling them up and ask them where they had sent their last batch to :)

Been on the Two Websites that are highlighted in your Link, Both have no mention of the Evercool on them....

I did see a link posted here by someone, but for the life of me I can't find it!!!

Grzyb

There is a difference between the RE and RF.

The RE has a sinngle long spring spanning the entire cooler, where the RF has two tabs with holes drilled through them - then two push pins with indivdual springs around the pins.

Since both span a distance slightly longer than the DFI mounting holes, both sets of pins go in at an angle.

In the RE this seems to make no difference, as the pressure is equalized on the heatsink.

It's just as if you were pushing down on the center of the fan hub with your finger - nice and stable.

I, however got the RF (with the extra ram sinks).

When I mounted it the pressure must have been uneven, and less than those with the RE have.

This resulted in a cooler that literally "flopped" back-and-forth, even from just moving the board from horizontal (for assembly of a table) to vertical (as you would do to mount the board in a case).

This, of course, would have resulted in almost no contact between the cooler and the top of the top of the chip.

Hence no heat transfer.

Hence a one-of-one-thousand $300 (US) Venus motherboard going up in a quiet, but smelly puff of smoke.

Since I ALWAYS try to check things out BEFORE re-applying power (Phew!) the flaw was found and no harm done.

I think this can be rectified by moding the mounting holes to line-up with those on the motherboard and reusing a foam "shim" form a stock DFI cooler (which should be the right height to stupport the Evercool while allowing full contact with the chipset.

What I'm getting at is just get the RE, NOT the RF.

I understand some of the Iceburg coolers fit well, also.

Good Luck, and CHECK YOUR INSTALL BEFORE RE-STARTING YOUR COMPUTER. :D

Tried a Google Search for the UK & comes up blank,

Thought I remember seeing one mentioned here, but can't seem to find the link anymore...

NE1 know of a UK Stockist for the above??

Thanks for the heads Up, from anyone

Grzyb

Ive just found a site in the uk that has started to stock evercool gear and they have the evercool vc-re on their list. They have sold out at the moment but have an order for July, so you might want to get over there and pre order one.

I got mine from Mikes Computers in Canada as no-one stocked in the UK just the RF which imo is not as good.

It cost me $19.99 + $10 shipping, worked out @ approx £15 i think. Excellent customer service and the delivery was exceptionally quick - it suprised me tbh how quick it was. Big thumbs up for these guys.

Evercool VC-RE

R4z

yes, jab-tech will ship overseas, but it a shame that more companies dont sell these products across the ponds!!! it is a global market now days, or what!!!

Sign in to follow this