Sign in to follow this  
tw33ter

nf3 250gb support mobile 4000+ newark?

I'm not trying to push my stuff on you by any means, but you can get used nf3 250GB boards that are still rock solid, help save you on costs a bit.

Yeah i've thought about used, but new just gives me more peace of mind.

What's the best hsf to go with these? Since it doesn't have the ihs, I know not all of them will fit...

There only one and that would have to be THE BIG TYPHOON :nod:

P.S you have to use a bolt on cooler

There only one and that would have to be THE BIG TYPHOON :nod:

P.S you have to use a bolt on cooler

Or mod it somewhat, the height difference is pretty significant. I'm putting a Zalman CNPS9500 on a naked Opteron 165 as I type this (literally) and have to shave down the mounting bracket to get her tiht enough. Still seems a bit on the loose side to me but should suffice, I'm just used to cranking down waterblocks to the point where they don't move at all.

But yeah, bolt-through coolers are much much easier and safer to put on naked processors.

well i emailed thermalright and asked them about putting the ultra-120 on a newark, and this is what they said:

Hi,

We do not support mobile CPU's, sorry

For Thermalright,

Bob

I'm glad they were helpful :shake:

Is the big typhoon better then the MCX6400-V? What about the ultra-120, that looks like it bolts down I think.

dont know > i heard HappyGames inquiring or speaking of one of them. But myself dont know. maybe he will stop in and make a comment on the matter . But he dont spend much time on nf3 stuff much. I sure his hands are full with the new new boards out

well i emailed thermalright and asked them about putting the ultra-120 on a newark, and this is what they said:

Hi,

We do not support mobile CPU's, sorry

For Thermalright,

Bob

I'm glad they were helpful :shake:

Take a look at my sig and also my post in s754 overclock database. I have the same reason as you to keep the nf3 and take advantage of the newark for another year or so. BTW, I use an antec 380W psu (details in my sig) and no problem to oc to 3.0GHz.

BTW, I had to mod the bracket of the thermalright 120.

You need the MSI Mobile Pad - great quality Copper shim that basically acts like the IHS.

I used the Scythe Ninja forever before going to water - consider it the best air cooled solution out there if you don't mind the size.

Madshrimps basically rates it #1 in all their ongoing roundups.

Peace

yeap yeap and a OCZ 700w Powerstream too lol then you can sale me yours :nod: