I had an inkling but thought I'd messed up!

It ain't such a bad place to be, you could be in Gore.. although temps would be pretty good for clocking down there! (I don't see the need for water/phase down south, just leave the window open ;))

Guest BFG

For some wierd reason super pi mod is crashing on me after 7 seconds o_) while regular super pi works. My computer is prime stable for 12 hours so I really have no clue whats up. Any ideas?

For some wierd reason super pi mod is crashing on me after 7 seconds o_) while regular super pi works. My computer is prime stable for 12 hours so I really have no clue whats up. Any ideas?

Is it crashing from first try after a fresh boot? Pi will need you to clear the data files if you fail else it will keep crashing each try after.

If it's from a fresh boot then maybe trying a reinstall of pi will help?

Yeah, that place is way too cold for my liking, and you can't beat the Hawkes Bay weather:)

@ OC newb, Heres the site, the french version at least. There's a ton of toolish artwork in the art section. My current paper is there somwhere.

Back to the oc'ing... I can't for the life of me get 3G stable with a x9 multi. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy some nice memory... those pretty Redline 2gb kits are looking damn attractive.

Guest BFG

The super pi mod i downloaded didn't need to be installed. And the first time I ran it it crashed too =[ But the regular one works fine o_0

Might be chip specific zarathrustra, I have a hard time getting my 148 to work with the x9 multi, yet Tim's chip swapped in and performed straight off the bat!

Go figure :( (and he almost beat my 32M time with less MHz... aaargh..)

Guest BFG

Ok cool! I was sort of freaking out with this crashing on me lol.

EDIT: It just got wierder. I rebooted and now it runs fine o_0 . I am gald it works now but jeez was that wierd.

Might be chip specific zarathrustra, I have a hard time getting my 148 to work with the x9 multi, yet Tim's chip swapped in and performed straight off the bat!

Go figure :( (and he almost beat my 32M time with less MHz... aaargh..)

Might be the case. It'll prime fine at a little bit under 3000 on a 9 multi, but only after some serious timing tweaking. I let it run for 22 hours at 2950, just to see if a bit of a burn in helps. The guy i bought it off is also selling some cheap TeamGroup TCCD ddr600 (2x512) I might grab it for something to play with.

@zarathrustra-Hey thanks alot man much appreciated.

@Soundx98-Thanks for the reminder bud and i'm just being sarcastic about the nick, When i first signed up i was a newb to ocing but with all the great info here and elsewhere i think i have caught on pretty quick. Besides i think it's pretty cool seeing that handle up in the top spot.:D

@TFK-Thank's bud and I am a pretty sarcastic person so it kinda fits lol.