Guest Timmay

Yeap, We did a mid 25 second pass but the machine kept crashing JUST as it finished :(

My Chip seems to die around 3150, so it may need phase or somthing to get it colder... Not too sure... But it was only a "use volts and clock the hell out of it" kind-a thing.

Yep that is how i got my best time but i can't get this ram to stabalize enough to get under 26 seconds. Everytime i did get in the 25s range it either froze up or blue screened.:rolleyes: That's why i worked on my ocdb instead of pushing any harder for pi. But now i got to try and catch both of you.:)

Got some Mushkin Bh-6s. 2x256Mb. Problem is i can't find the right setting for it yet.

What Dram Drive Strength and Dram Data Drive Strength as well as the Dram response time do you all use for such Winbond modules ?

I'm on 704-BTA Bios now. Just changed it. Allows upclock dividers ! w00t. Although i don't really use it ... =X.

I got a little bit bored when i got up this morning, so i thought i'd run Pi again but at 3.15ghz instead of 3.1ghz. As you can see, a little improvement from 3.1ghz(i wonder how far this rig really will go :D ).

3150hp3.th.jpg

I have been planning to watercool this chip at the first of the month, but the way you guys are going i won't even catch up with that. Guess I should go with a freezer on the chip but I aint got a thousand bucks. Damned good work to all of you!

I'm getting a little closer to a stable 3.3. Made it through 3DMark03 and 4 hours of prime last night. Memory controller is giving me a few issues as of now.The higher I run the CPU the more it likes drive strength, unfortunately the memory likes lower drive strengths as it gets higher. I hit it with a DS of 10 after it failed prime, passed an hour of memtest but killed the install on my bench hard drive so I'll reimage and try again tomorrow.

Well i got 3170 done but i think am reaching the limit on my ram. Passed all the tests but my 3dmark scores are way lower than normal with the same oc on vid card. Almost wondering if it isn't the mem controller since 1:1 this ram will get a little above 265. Tried some more pi's last night but no better times yet.

prime3170qq2.th.jpg

I normally get about 28000 lol finally hitting a wall i think.

Damn i am glad i posted that pic before i ended up restarting lol. My cpuz are messed up gotta redo 3d01 lol. Thats what i get for working on this after a little to much drinking last night.

By the time I got done last night I would have been better off getting wasted. All I managed to do was create more for me to do. I got lazy about midnight and decided not to run mprime from Tmods CD. I think I will take a couple of days off from pushing this thing and review the 3 pages of barely legible notes I half heartedly wrote down.

I have the same results with my OC as far as benching. Screwing up the efficiency of my rig for another 50 mhz.

Yeah this is the first time i have seen them fall this far and this definately will not be ran on a regular basis lol. Still can't believe this chip has gone this far on air, wish we lived closer i would love to see what it could do in your setup.:cool: Man i hate looking through all my notes they end up looking like some huge math equation that takes hour's to decipher.lol

I'll have to give you this for the time being but I will be coming to get it back.

king2gb6.jpg

I'd like to give your CPU a whirl as well. See what it would do with a 2 degree load temp.