superpi26375an4.th.jpg

Well here is a little better 1 meg run but i couldn't pass 32mb with these setting's.:mad: I am still trying to cut off about 10 second's off on 32mb but no luck yet will post a pic if and hopefully when i get it done.

@petercintn-neither of my opty's like divider's too well either and they are both 146's

I think im running out of tweaks though and having problems getting any divider other than 5/6 to work so not sure if i'll get it any higher. Dont think i have ever pushed a cpu this hard before :) but im still not done yet. Trying to get 3150 to ocdb but i think my ram is holding me back from prime stable.

Well i'm now doing around 26.8s on my Opteron @ 3.05Ghz. I just can't get it to run above that. And 3.05Ghz is more or less pretty stable. It feels like a 'cap' put on AMD to stop overclockers like me from pushing the chip too far :(

Well, I guess my 165 isn't as good as likewhoa's. Something just doesnt seem right. Same core #1 fails after up to an hour on 3051, 3033, and 3024Mhz. voltage is 1.375*119.2%=1.639v Think I can go any higher than that? I'm a little weary on such high volts. And is it possible to volt-shock a CPU? I didn't slowly ramp the voltages up, ran at 2650 on stock then tried a 3006 at 1.55. Should i have "burned" the CPU in slowly?

If you did 2650 on stock voltage then you might have one of the runs of the batch. My opty did 2.9 on stock voltage, and I burned it in at 3006 for a bit. I would try 2650 below stock voltage until superpi fails.. then let it burn at that in try 3015 again at 1.450+110%=1.57v. I don't suggest going over 1.5v unless you don't mind risking meltdown and if you do get to 3050 at 1.6v+ I wouldn't recommended it for long term usage :D

eitherway, good luck and keep on tweaking!

I know this is sad, but how do you get the fractions of seconds to show in the super pi score?

I calculated 1M in 32 Secs, (Im still only at 2.6 GHz) but I can't see the 32.886 or whatever. PLease let me know. Dont know the version of Pi, that could be the prob?

I know this is sad, but how do you get the fractions of seconds to show in the super pi score?

I calculated 1M in 32 Secs, (Im still only at 2.6 GHz) but I can't see the 32.886 or whatever. PLease let me know. Dont know the version of Pi, that could be the prob?

which superpi version are you using? I'm using 1.1 mod1.5 :D since there are no menus that you scroll in superpi, it could be the version you're using or that you don't have the mod.

download the one I'm using here.. http://www.xtremesystems.com/pi/

EDIT: just noticed on your sig image you're resevour it's below all your components. you should mount it above all components for a better

circuit flow rate. like so:

med_IMG_0606.JPG

lol just don't use a LAN phone cord like I did to hold the tubes away from the side panel :D

that was just my way of keeping it ghetto :P

Found my problem. My HZ's threw several errors on Memtest #8 last night. Had a suspicion to run memtest all night because it was randomly freezing. Looks like one of my sticks may have just bit the dust, so hopefully my 165 may still have it in her. More news to come soon :(

Since I put this thing together yesterday,now running dual [email protected] 1.53v.

So far my temps are CPU 46 PWMIC 66 Chipset 42 Much better than the crappy

CCBWE 0607 I had with a ASrock DualSATA2.:D

Looks like you need to get a fan over your PWMIC area...I tend to start wiggin at anything approaching 50c :)

Yeah, kind of reminds me of tryin to burn down the house with my DFI 250GB lol.Iv'e got

plenty of fans-80,90,120mm layin around so I'll cobble together something.

Reduced voltages on my HZs. Had them at 2.61v like the G.Skill website specified, but I'm hearing of people running at 2.5v as this is what UCCC chips like. Seems to have fixed the errors in memtest. Currently back in the running, [email protected] 1.4v - Looking like she will Dual prime on this. It'll be back to burning her in at 2900 for about 4-6 hours, then a steady 18MHz bump and burn-in every 3-4 hours up until 3015+ Keep your fingers crossed for me!