Guest laydback

I never had a problem priming at 3.1ghz until I got this PSU, I'll try again tonight. Here's my 8 hours+ when I had an Enermax 550W PSU.

prime95sv3.th.jpg

Well i got tired of waiting for it to cool down so my ocdb entry is up. This chip is awe inspiring lol, was kinda funky that it would fail prime at 300 even with more volts but bumping it up to 301 and it worked great. I will push for more once it gets colder here 102 degrees today so my temps were really high but i wanted to get this done. cab1e 0614epaw is looking like a great stepping at least for me.:)

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...7&postcount=260

Great work newbie! I've added you into the rankings, that's a pretty low vcore for the clock you are getting, I'd be hell eager to see what you can do when it gets cooler over there, should be looking at 3.1GHz if it's cold enough!

:D:D:D

Thanks man and im gonna push this thing hard once it cools off, only cost me $120 so not to worried if i push too hard. :rolleyes: Been thinking about going water too but just dont got the funds quite yet.

Guest Timmay

I am looking into water my self (woops just bought a RAD :P) But a BT, with a IHS-less CPU is a really good way to go, WC is a lot more expensive, but I'm just going to buy things slowly.

I am looking into water my self (woops just bought a RAD :P) But a BT, with a IHS-less CPU is a really good way to go, WC is a lot more expensive, but I'm just going to buy things slowly.

You just BOUGHT(?!?) a rad? Don't you know heater cores are practically free?

Hehe.. boys and their toys eh? ;)

Guest Timmay

Yep I realise they are free, but man... Bling... Come on TFK.... BLING!!!!1

Yeah... I bought a RAD, New its like $140 bucks, I grabbed it for 60 bucks - Now don't say a word about how much a BT costs... I know... I know :P - Next up on the list is a pump or tubing... But that's next week/week after.

The only bling I like is "bling bling" from bumfights, and even then I think he's rotten and disgusting.. in saying that, I'll always way jealous of any WC rig, esp when my Typhoon sounds like.. errr.. a Typhoon!

I think ill check one of those out while i save up for some h2o cooling, its not normal being this damn hot here. were normaly getting wet most of the time, just got hot because i had this new chip to burn in. ;) hopefully it wont last too long i want to push this cab1e even further.

Guest Timmay

It's very interesting to see that me an OC_N have the same stepping chips (pass the week ) and we have hit 3GHz + On 1.44/1.45v's. These CAB1E's are very strong chips... Now all we need to do is get one under mild phase and kick the crap out of these "CABYE 054X"s - we can take them.