The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guy's when I had a guy suggest a .1 mhz increase in the ramvoltage to get to 2.8 and thing's were running so good I decided to try thing's out at 2.9 and when I didnt notice anydiference between 2,8 and 2,9 I just decided to change my multy to 10 and crank it up to a full 3.0Gig as I type this out thing's seam ok. Ill be testing to see if I need to do anything else to the system for stability. Bararthur 3.0 Wow I didnt think Ide ever do it.

EDIT sorry guy's I knew it was to good to be true I couldent pass Ortho's as far as I could tell it ran ok played my game's ok passed the stability test in vista but that aint all it takes and I know it. like I said sorry. BA

EDIT-2 Well I found out the majour problem I was having was ram related instead of cpu after cheating I went ahead and looked up one of the guy's in hear who wasw running a comperable Bios same cpu and ram and went in and checked my ram setting's and found out i was running quite a few ram setings at auto instead of a named setting so I changed those around to what the example was reading and am having better result's allready im running at 2.9 at 333 settings as before I could only run at 2.8 at the previou's ram setting's at 2.85 I got error's that was what got me to checking the ram out. I think this is the most complicated deal ive ever seen. I think I serewed myself up when I installed my video card and had to clear the cmos I ddnt get all the bio's ram setting's reset like I normally ran.BA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Might have another 3G's entry myself...

Been working on getting this ocdb ready...

Biostar Tforce 550 v1.3

4000+ Brisbane 2.1ghz (200x10.5)

currently running 286x10.5 for a 3003mhz....got 2 hours to go...wish me luck...

I can run 2835 (270x10.5) at 1.275v but I need an even 1.4v to get here...it crapped at 6h23m at 1.375v...dang

got it finished this morning....

Add a Biostar board to the 3G's club....got it with 286x10.5 for a 3003mhz...

you ask yourself...is this the max...? hell no...but with a weeks worth of work thats good enough...:) I made it...

and in a minute a Super Pi 1M number will appear.... here~~~~~> 29.781

Nice dude, I got dibs on that chip if you ever wanna sell it ;)

Well, as you can now tell from my sig, I went to the Dark Sid and got me a little E2180 and Gigabyte P35 board. Not bad, but, one of my HDD died (RAID 5 FTW!) and the system sucks right now.

I thinking of selling my CPU, Board and memory. Make me an offer!