i still don´t get it why people don´t want to use dividers ;)

I don't think it's that people don't want to use dividers. It's just that, if you've got fast ram, why would you use a divider. All of us, if we had the hardware capable of it, would much rather run 1:1 than on a divider. Would'nt we ?

just use the 150 divider, it will be good for 250mhz on the ram when ur at 334x9.

i still don´t get it why people don´t want to use dividers ;)

LOL my hole DFI life Ive been on a divide 150 or 166 but with the 9 multi i can only get to 3050 maybe before my ram tops out. I don't wont to have to run 143 for the first time now. I Won't 3100 on air damnit :nod: It worth 20 bucks more for the 170 to me for the 10 multiplier. damn i hate not doing my home work complete before jumping in

i still don´t get it why people don´t want to use dividers
dividers are fine But when using one your suppose to use one that lets you use the tightest timing you can. 3-4-4-8 ant low to me lol that's for 1:1 . There no hit when using a divider as long as you run 2-2-2-5. but if you use 3-4-4-8 and a divider you get slapped real hard :D If i had the 10 multiplier i can run 150 at 2-3-3-6. I just don't use my PC for benching. and desktop apps run lots faster with tight timings On a Divider. In less of course i understand it wrong but it really show in my desktop apps. That the way i learned it 2.5 years ago

Why would you use a divider if you don't have to? Isn't that kinda' like taking a shower wearin' a raincoat? I might not have much chioce when going further. I can go 11-12 multi's or dividers. I guess when I get around to opening those cans of worms. I think I'll try to use which ever give me the best bandwidth at the target speeds. But right now where I'm at pretty good for 24/7. (And I'm really bad with timings.)

I'm going to sorta repeat something Angry told me long ago when I first started overclocking:

RAM timings aren't NEARLY as important as they were several years ago, to real world performance...

or something like that... timings don't matter, being stable does... the only one that you MIGHT notice a REAL difference from is CAS Latency being 2, 2.5 or 3. I know I did when running my DDR600 at 400-500 (2), 500-600 (2.5) and 640 (3), mostly in just certain apps, didn't seem to tick benchies off much since the increase in RAM speed outweighed the decrease in RAM tightness, for the most part.

I'm going to sorta repeat something Angry told me long ago when I first started overclocking:

or something like that... timings don't matter, being stable does... the only one that you MIGHT notice a REAL difference from is CAS Latency being 2, 2.5 or 3. I know I did when running my DDR600 at 400-500 (2), 500-600 (2.5) and 640 (3), mostly in just certain apps, didn't seem to tick benchies off much since the increase in RAM speed outweighed the decrease in RAM tightness, for the most part.

yeah well if you believe that. even his bench test show there not much difference if you use tight timings On a divider or lose 1:1. But if you use the same timings and test both then there a BIG difference. Till the 1 gig sticks came out. then we had no choice of the mater Did we. But till you learn how and know what your doing without asking every tom dick and harry what to do. then you wont know will you. Ive heard so much contradicting out of that i don't believe anything but what i know works for me. like i say benching and game it don't mater. And i don't say that in a bad way ok. So please don't take it that way

If I remember right. I was under the impression. That my superpis were faster @290X10-2900mhz 1-1 than they were with the same [email protected] 9/10. That's why I never bothered to carry on in that direction. (My first 3ghz entry) Wasn't a real big diffrence.But none the less somewhat faster. I suppose I could pull up all those settings. They are all in the OCDB. And recreate those conditions, And post up some screens. As a sanity check. (I don't think my memory has gotton that bad. But I suppose it is possible ..)

If I remember right. I was under the impression. That my superpis were faster @290X10-2900mhz 1-1 than they were with the same [email protected] 9/10. That's why I never bothered to carry on in that direction. (My first 3ghz entry) Wasn't a real big diffrence.But none the less somewhat faster. I suppose I could pull up all those settings. They are all in the OCDB. And recreate those conditions, And post up some screens. As a sanity check. (I don't think my memory has gotton that bad. But I suppose it is possible ..)

Both my pi runs posted were on the 9/10 divider since the ram wouldn't run 330 but were at or close to 300 on the ram. I honestly don't run my ram 300 1:1 anymore for daily use, pretty much slapped it on a divider to get the ram voltage down before I sell this rig. I honestly haven't noticed much of a difference in real world performance even with the ram at 250 now. Benching it's a different story :)

edit- Now that I think about it I did get it to pass 1:1 but had to run 2t to pull it off and it was slower than the divider and 1t.

Like I said I'll have to go back and test. But I'm pretty sure memory serves in that instance. Or I would have certainly kept going in that direction. Another thing has come to mind. But again I'll have to retest to be certain. In fact Maybe... This will werk..

Edited The 3dm01's were abit faster @3014. (About 400pts.) Humm... Now I'll have to test that. Just to be sure my brain hasn't departed!

You do remember right Clay :) mine were and are faster running 1:1 as well. If you look at the Racetrack it will confirm it. Before i was running 4x512 i tried with both my Plat's and G-Skills with tighter timings and a divider to get further up the racetrack. It was a waste of time, 1:1 at a higher ram fsb won every time, even at slower timings.

Sorry if I confused you guys 1:1 is the best for pi runs by far as long as it stays at 1t. The highest I could keep my tccd on 1t is about 303. 300 1:1 compared to running the cpu at 3300 on the divider the extra cpu speed won out at least in my case.

@KitFit: Thank's I thought I was losing what remains of my mind. LOL...

@OC... I like the way you did your pi's OC. Tightest timnigs to the highest mhz's biggest divider it would fit on. Came out pretty nice.(Knocked me off my perch LOL) I still haven't been able to beat my old scores. Though I can 32m the mhzs a good deal further then 3200mhz. (I think this bios is somewhat slacker and I havent put very many twaeks into winhoes) Lately I've been kinda' leaving it alone. (I hate bios corruption.) Thats maybe a direction I go in .

@Exeryone I'm wondering If my sticks will pull 312..

@Charmed: "Her" computer is C2D? Extreme? Hummm..... The implacations! (Though she probably built it herself)