I know she'll hit 8+ hours easily. Just have to make an OCDB entry.

uh-oh, don't count your chickens.....:angel:

And why did you stop orthos? /bonk.

uh-oh, don't count your chickens.....:angel:

And why did you stop orthos? /bonk.

haha not finished tweaking yet. i'm not too worried about an OCDB entry, if i get around to it, cool. as long as it works i'm happy. :O

That is just way too much work for me to be doing . I have 3.0GHz and that is that !

If a 1M run of SuperPi confirms stability for you then that's all that matters.

I ran orthos for 8 hours that is enough for me and Prime 95 for 8 hours that is enough for me .

thing is every one has there own interpretation of what stable is and the fact that so many put every know restriction they can on some ones OC is ridiculous to me . I have a 3.0GHz OC that is good enough for me .

Whether you agree or not with my OC is not going to change it ever ! It is as simple as that for me .

I have a 3.0GHz OC that is good enough for me .

Whether you agree or not with my OC is not going to change it ever ! It is as simple as that for me .

I believe I agreed with you.

I ran orthos for 8 hours that is enough for me and Prime 95 for 8 hours that is enough for me .

thing is every one has there own interpretation of what stable is and the fact that so many put every know restriction they can on some ones OC is ridiculous to me . I have a 3.0GHz OC that is good enough for me .

Orthos for 8 hours on that high of an OC is not enough to confirm true stability... and if you don't want to run the 3DMarks, how do you know it'll be truly stable in game? I've had a lower OC before on a Opty 165 (2.94GHz) and it passed Orthos, like yours, then I ran a game for a few hours and got a very unplesant blue screen. Why?

I tested again for another 8 hours and it failed at 7hrs 59m. The point being, 8 hours shouldn't be good enough for you. If it is? That's your perrogative. Congrats either way.

Ok trickson, but why are you posting in this thread? You know how peeps around here test stability(it's on the first page). It's done the way it is so that a rig gets a good hammering and comes out the other end still intact and stable. If your clock meets the normal standards around here, then post an OCDB entry. If it dos'nt, then stop grissling and set to and make sure it does.

@Trickson: I've seen em' stable for some stuff and miserably fail other things.

Pass 9+hrs prime and crash a 1m superpi. Pass prime,all pi's,S&M and then bsod on 3m01. I've seen them pass everything else and then freeze AQM3.Then pass everything except S&M. Then I've seen them pass everything as far as benches stability go and then crash playin' Doom3. And again I've seen em' pass everything except prime. Hehee.....

Processors that'll turn 3000+ mhzs rock solid without alot of testing and work are out there. (I didn't get 1 though! LOL)

Still if you are happy that should be good enough for us. (They won't give ya' a toaster though)