A few tips that may help:

In BIOS, be sure to disable any onboards such as firewire,extra ethernet ports, audio or unused RAID controllers, IOW, lessen burden on chipset.

Disable any video card overclocks, it may help with temps during orthos.

Take your side door off, if temps drop you have air circulating issue.

Good luck, hope you make it mr. wizard.

Those have all been disabled. Even the unused SATA ports. I haven't tried disabling my GPU overclock yet but I'll give that a try as well.

Once my Ultra 120 and HR-05 SLI arrives I am going to be rearranging some stuff to allow for even better airflow. My case is pretty wide open right now (Thermaltake Shark with my HD in the floppy drive location) so I have a lot of room to work with. I may even cut out the 3.5" x 5 drive bay and stack two 120mm fans there, not sure right now. :)

Thanks, Mr. Fisher.

Are you still adding to the 3 ghz listing ?

Yes, I am :)

Sorry to have missed your post, your entry will be added shortly.

:D

Any stepping info? I don't see your sig for some weird reason..

@charmed, as you can see below an idle cycle of 16 is possible with 4800 plats.

thumb_3g-16Idle.JPG

As i said in an earlier post, iv'e been working at tightening up my timings. Slowly i must admit, but i'm getting there. Even found my way to 4x HTT multi, with it Orthos stable.

Mmm. My board wouldn't run 4X if you paid it to. And neither of my Platinum sets would run that tight of timings either, I never fooled around with idle cycle limit to be honest on those, just set it at 128 and went with it. But yours make a whole 1 set I've seen that run that good of a Idle Timer ;)

Looks very good hstuehmeyer2000 :). Just one question though, why, or more importantly how are you able to run a 5x HTT multy at 310HTT ?

post it up with a OCDB entry...the rules for the section are in the stickies at the top of the section...

You'll need 8hours orthos minimum to make it and 3dmark benches...We would like to have you as an addition to the 3G's club with that board...;)

will 7h and 49min be ok:confused:

The rules state a minimum of 8 hours of sp2004 or orthos depending on single or dual core and the required benches to make the OCDB or the 3G's entry...

You are close..just a slight bump will probably get you over the hump..;)

I try to shoot for 9 or 10 hours...;)