My 148 Opteron is sp2004 stable 10 hours I've reworked some mem settings and hopefully tomarrow AM I'll be putting togather screen shots for OCDB

Asus A8R-MVP

148 Opteron

2 gig GSkill HZ PC4000

273MHz.

x11

Vcore 1.535

mem. divider 180

highest temp. 32 degress C. durring sp2004

How ya like that feezone? :D

Ditto on the Apricorn. I used it to clone my notebook 5400 to a seagate 7200 - no problems or weirdness later on. The drive was an 80GB that was at 70GB capacity FYI.

How ya like that feezone? :D

:eek2: It's pretty Damm cool. oldGuy I'm doing a full on review of the CoolIT freezone for the DIY reviews section. Going to have some results from a 3500+ Clawhammer(my 130nm hot plate) the 148 opteron and it would be great to get with you and get some core duo temps to add to the review. alot of people will want to know how it does with the core 2 duo chips.

By the way it's good to go 3003.0 MHz

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showpost.p...2&postcount=397

:eek2: It's pretty Damm cool. oldGuy I'm doing a full on review of the CoolIT freezone for the DIY reviews section. Going to have some results from a 3500+ Clawhammer(my 130nm hot plate) the 148 opteron and it would be great to get with you and get some core duo temps to add to the review. alot of people will want to know how it does with the core 2 duo chips.

By the way it's good to go 3003.0 MHz

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showpost.p...2&postcount=397

Congrats on the 3G...I'm gonna go out on a limb and claim that the Freezone helped make it perty darned easy :D I have some pics you can lift in the case mod section so peeps can see how well it fits a stacker 810. With my Infinity it idles at 0c with C1E enabled on a Xeon 3060 at stock clocks and voltage. Granted this chip is the coolest running (by 10~15c) of the four C2D's I've owned. Everything else Idled anywhere from 13 to 22c...

Give me a heads up and I can PM some screen shots for ya when you are ready...

Between the Asus board and the freezone it was a absolute breeze.

I've read so much crap from people about this cooling unit. All I can say is there uniformed, ignorant or just idiot know it all's. I have a feeling it's going to out do the water cooling setup that I put up agansit it in the tests I do.

I have yet to adjust the freezone to it's max cooling setting. idle temps max 22 degrees C.

H20 watch out.

Between the Asus board and the freezone it was a absolute breeze.

I've read so much crap from people about this cooling unit. All I can say is there uniformed, ignorant or just idiot know it all's. I have a feeling it's going to out do the water cooling setup that I put up agansit it in the tests I do.

I have yet to adjust the freezone to it's max cooling setting. idle temps max 22 degrees C.

H20 watch out.

Well I'm glad an experienced WC'ing guy has a hold of one so we can get the skinny on it. I've always felt it was on par or better than WC but I've no experience with WC'ing so just had to live with knowing it works very very well IMO...

How does it suit you for noise level? I always read how quiet they are "supposed" to be and that would be my only complaint. It's always possible I happened upon a not so quiet unit. Strictly talking fan noise...

@OldGuy Did you have the E6400 on the Infinity and what program were you using to monitor temps? Right now I have decent water on the E6400 but I am going to be switching all the parts in the Abit into the Infinity and giving the E6600 a run..