with that stepping you should be there soon and go beyond :)

Well my Core 1 always fails first and it did last night after just under 4 hours of Prime at 1.508vcore. :rolleyes: So I'll make a small bump tonight to 1.513v and see how she does. Or I could try loosening my RAM timings. Not sure right now, lots of testing to be done to see what I can do to get there.

Well my Core 1 always fails first and it did last night after just under 4 hours of Prime at 1.508vcore. :rolleyes: So I'll make a small bump tonight to 1.513v and see how she does. Or I could try loosening my RAM timings. Not sure right now, lots of testing to be done to see what I can do to get there.

I'd start with the timings. 1.5v is a pretty fair amount of power, and your timings look pretty tight. You would know your system better than me though. :tooth:

You'll either end up with a pass from a bump in voltage (like I did when going from 2.8 to 2.9GHz on my Opty 165 when it failed at around 5 hours from 1.55 to 1.58V), or, the voltage bump will make it worse and fail quicker, then you know it's probably a stupid timing that needs slapping around.

Will say one thing though, I'm never goin' back to a CPU that has a multi less than 10. Ever.

Sweet getting closer to party time........ I cheated and started early in anticipation.:tooth:

lol

2980 is looking pretty stable after a few hours prime. gonna try 2990 now...so close!

do i get an avatar if i get in the GGG club?:eek:

Nope...just the glory of a 3GGG clock :D With the voltage you are at right now and as close as you are I say you got her licked. Quit fuggin around and hit the spot already!!!

Nope...just the glory of a 3GGG clock :D With the voltage you are at right now and as close as you are I say you got her licked. Quit fuggin around and hit the spot already!!!

Now you're putting me on the spot. I'll look like a failure if I can't get it LOL