Hey guys.

Little update for me, I finally got it to actually boot in to Windows and load everything in Windows at 3.1GHz, but Orthos failed in 3 seconds flat. Had it at 282x11 @ 1.6Vs with the memory only at 448MHz at slightly looser timings than in my current OCDB entry. Whatcha thing? Voltage holding me back or RAM timings need to be changed? or should I crank it back for x13 multi and see if it's easier dat way?

thank you bro, i gues i really have to buy better ram but its not easy here in austria to get some, so this cpu just needs better ram as the x2-3800 i got before

ill hope i can get soon some then i will report maybe positive OC :)

thanks again

So, who's to be first with the FX-74?

I would like to but I have resigned to age. I had two strokes in December and mostly I sleep a lot. I did check to see if my entries still held. looking forward to see who is going to take top slot. Will it be money or skill. Right not my principle focus is getting some use out of my left hand and keeping a heart beat. I'm still handling my Vette but I work out every morning at local Gym.

If I could figure out what I need to get this puppy higher up the scale I might get up the scale a little bit ;) but sadly I'm not about to give it more than around 1.6, and I think voltage may be the answer to getting anything over 3. Ah well, no matter. I'm happy with it as it is.

Maybe in around 6-8 months I'll get me a FX-74 setup or some other crazy AMD Quad core if they're even out by then, but for now, I like my Opty just fine :-D

Get well ED. Sorry about you're health :(. You'll get back into the swing of things in no time.

Charmed: Timings.... SMALL chance of voltage.

Sorry to hear about that Ed and hoping for a full and quick recovery for ya. I really hope it is skill that takes the top spot but don't think it will happen for awhile at least.

Get well ED. Sorry about you're health :(. You'll get back into the swing of things in no time.

Charmed: Timings.... SMALL chance of voltage.

Thraxz:

My symptoms are hard reset/reboot/bluescreen @ 1.6Vs (3.05GHz) at the same timings I have in my OCDB entry 'cept my MAL/RPT is at 9/5.5, then when I tested at 3.015GHz @ 1.55Vs, I failed after 1 hour, 48 minutes at the EXACT same settings as in my OCDB entry for RAM timings.

So which timings specifically do you think would cause instability when I only up it another 1 on the FSB, to the point where, by the time I get to 3.05, it's doing that after around 3 minutes?

@charmed - Voltage will kill and 1.6 is wheree I've noticed it starts. Some chipss seem more susceptible than others. usually I had problems when I exceeded 1.6 but I burnted out several at 1.6. Those symptoms you mention sound very much like the chip is becoming unstable and that is a reason to susspect it is caused by the elevated voltage. The Opty's are very definite about their limits. Good luck. Keep trying.

I'm more than happy at 3Gs I just wanna see if this chip can do anymore. I'll haveta try 1.575Vs @ 3.01 or somethin' just to see if it works. If not, meh, dun bother me.

I'm actually considering retesting at around 2.95GHz cuz I think I'll get higher scores... which is odd.