play with your RAM some more. what test does it fail on btw?

First one, it loads up then the goes black and does nothing. yeah I think it is the RAM, I have never been good with timings and such, its time I reread the Memory guide again.. for the fourth time.

If your video card(s) are overclocked, start there. If not... fine tuning is required.
Yep its at stock, already found out it has to be.

No, turning the divider up would fix it ya nit. ::to Septem::

It won't boot above the 150 divider.

But my question is could it still be my RAM that's holding me up even though it's not even at DDR400 like it's rated for? The FSB is still very high so I don't know if that's possible or not.

To be honest, I have never gotten PC3200 sticks to work well with overclocking so I can't really help ya there.

But you're missing the question. :P

The question is, could it be causing the problem even if the RAM itself is not running that high? In other words, if it's running below PC3200 to begin with, would screwing around with timings affect anything or would it be a waste of time?

It's probably going to be just the ram not being able to do it but don't take my word for it, ask people that have OCed well with PC3200 ;) I never have, well... have, but not that darn high.

Home from work.

I'm going to start inching her up and Priming til I get a failure, 1FSB at a time, then I'll adjust and assume it's the RAM first, then the CPU voltage if it still fails. At 251x12, gonna Prime it when I head to bed. We'll see how high she goes, although I'm perfectly content at 3Gs.

ADDED LATER:

... Alright. I'm not amused. Failed at 1 hr, 58 minutes. Where the heck do I start on this one? Run a blend then run a small FFT to see which one fails faster? ::heads back to bed cuz she really don't care right now but the darn beeping woke her up::

Some one mentioned Sophia Bush and I forgot what this thread was about...

That chick is hot...If she is anything in real life like she portrays on TV she'd be my perfect woman...;)

Now to go get's me one...I'll be working on startover #6 pretty soon...lol

But you're missing the question. :P

The question is, could it be causing the problem even if the RAM itself is not running that high? In other words, if it's running below PC3200 to begin with, would screwing around with timings affect anything or would it be a waste of time?

Ram plays an important part in overclocking even when you dont think so...Even when on a divider and underclocked...

still timings play a role because of the memory controller...even when you have to run it on a divider on higher FSB you may still have to loosen the timings to get it to play nicely...

CPU voltage is also affected from ram timings...if the timings are tighter than need be it will take more cpu voltage to get it to pass stability correctly..

I just witnessed this on my OCDB of the Asus A8V-VM...the max FSB of the board is 240 but memory divider are from 133 to 250...

I got the board running sweet on the stock 200x11 1:1 @ 2-3-2-5 1T...but to get a good overclock I had to run the ram on the 183 divider to get 235x11...235 was very bootable and 236up was not...but even on the 183 divider the ram speed at 235 was 198 and even though the ram was rated at ddr400 @ 2-3-2-5 it would NOT run those timings at 235x11 with the ram at 198 (ddr396)....I had to run it at 2.5-3-3-7 to get it to pass...

You would think it would run with the default timings at less than stock speed but it would not...

As mentioned...dividers are nothing more than multiplier manipulation...but when you add FSB to the mix thats were things can get funky

I have seen it a bunch of times...especially in this very thread...people run a divider on the ram and then do NOT understand why when running a divider at higher FSB their ram wont run as rated when it shows running at less mhz...

Truth is....because it's really not...but once they get all pissed at their ram and swear it's faulty when it really isnt...well you might as well yell at the wall...;)

To answer your question the quick way....yes meesing with the timings will affect things when running under posted rated speed (but it's really not when on a divider) and would it be a waste of time....No it would not....it may very well help..;)