The AMD 3GHz Club

Have you cleared your cache lately?

Also, about the 03 thing... that's not hanging. That's freezing.

Mine does that when my video card OC or CPU/RAM OC is too high. And it'll usually do it (9 times outta 10) in the first two tests... unlike 3DMark05, which only freezes in the last test if I'm NEAR stable but not... freakin' bastard.

Here's what I consider to be the hardests tests (on an OC's stability) besides Prime of course ;):

3DMark03 Tests 1 & 2 (If it freezes in one, you ain't no where near stable most likely, if it freezes in 2, you're close, from my experience)

3DMark05 Test 3 (Specifically, usually right when the guy is looking over the edge at the sea-wurm towards the beginning, it'll freeze. If it does, I'm either semi- or a little bit unstable)

3DMark06 Game Test 4 (The parts where it "skips a beat" aka slows down for a moment around 10 FPS are freeze points if you're unstable ;))

Those are what I run, in reverse order, to determine if Prime is worth running (06, then 05, then 03) making sure it passes one before moving on to the next, of course.

i passed all the tests except 03. which repeatedly freezes. 3dmark 01, 05, 06 had no problems. prime ran even longer (13hrs) than my previous 11hrs failure.

rams were at 133mhz dividers. so they ran abt 183mhz.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

size.jpg

CABYE opteron 146 ultra-d rev b

While I always hate opening good things and generally ruining them, it is a necessity.

Please read the rules of this forum THOROUGHLY before posting here. You did after all agree to them at least twice (once upon registration, and once for each new section that you post in).

While a signature is not a requirement anymore, the size limit on images is still very much in effect and I do tend to frown on those that don't take a moment to find out what the rules are before they step over the threshold in our home.

It is as rude as not wiping your feet when they are muddy before coming into our house, so please wipe your feet thoroughly (read the rules) and then I won't have to be an arsehole to you ever again.

thx

Its great to have teh Street back up and running again...

Well, It has only taken about a month of running @ 3G's for me to get really itchy about pushing this thing further... I have had it pretty stable at 3030, but i want to get it to 3100 :) I think I am just going to have to start tweaking again...

Its great to have teh Street back up and running again...

Well, It has only taken about a month of running @ 3G's for me to get really itchy about pushing this thing further... I have had it pretty stable at 3030, but i want to get it to 3100 :) I think I am just going to have to start tweaking again...

Awesome, what kind of temps are you getting right now? I got some new RAM coming in soon and I plan on putting it to good use and trying to hit that 3G's mark but if I don't it's all good.

Right now, my max load temps are around 38c in MBM5 & in the high 40s according to CoreTemp...

What I will probably end up doing is popping the lid on this thing to see what kind of difference it will make (even though I told myself I wouldn't do it).

On another note, I am pretty psyched about my old 170 that is sitting it an RS482 right now. I have it clocked at 240x10 @ 1.2v. A 400mHz OC with a .15v undervolt.

What I need to do is set up an OCDB entry for it. I ran prime for 22hrs & have been dual folding with it for something like 8 days straight...