The AMD 3GHz Club

Thats pretty cool...I kinda wondered if thats the direction the name took... my cousin (female) was more into that show than I was/am.... I was sad that it wasnt picked back up this season....those girls are hot...all of them...

but havent seen it since it's been off...so thats that I supose...?

It didn't get picked up because the actors were tired of the WB not promoting the show for . so they quit ;) which they were justified in doing. WB hasn't promoted that show in years and it was one of their top rated shows it's entire 8 seasons.

::reads some of her posts from last night:: Damn I can be a classy lady sometimes.

And Esau, you're still missing my point.

How many people out there have Venus boards? 1000. How many people out there have Expert boards? Probably upwards of 10000. So comparing "numbers" between the two boards to call the Expert board "better" at overclocking, quite frankly, is ludacris.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dear I am not missing you're point at all and what I suggest is that their are more Experts in the front page then Venus boards and all I mean by that is their is absolutely no reason to spend that kind of money on that board when you already have the best minus the Name Venus on it! I am quite sure if they were not a limited collectors edition board of only 1000 made period we would deffinately see more in the front page working on you're ratio which is correct in that respect!

Quite honestly if a bios change does not get it for you with all of the work you have allready put into it I feel confident that it would not get on the Venus Motherboard either!

BTW.....Did you try the tref 4708...Why not give it a go you may be suprised!

Sorry kid you are wrong it's the Processor not you're board with great stepping! Great stepping does not guarentee anything because one person may get 2.6 out of the batch some will get 2.4 and allot will get 3.0 and allot will get 2.8 its just luck of the draw is all.

On my end I am sure that the Venus is a Fantastic board no doubt but to be honest with you I would not trade my board in for a Venus

The majority of the people on that list are using the Expert and Ultra D for the majority......Still think its you're Magic Venus board that will get you there?

And I just noticed.

Don't call me kid. I don't respond well to such "nicknames" ;)

And to be frank, your whole statement in that quote is wrong as far as speeds varying by stepping.

Up until now every time I've gotten a similar stepping or SEEN a similar stepping it's performed the same (AKA CCBWEs get around 2.6 without better-than-liquid cooling, CCBBEs get 2.8+ etc etc.).

That's the main reason I think my specific processor was a dud in a batch of goodness, because every other CCBBE 0617 I've ever seen gets 3GHz or more, and mine's stuck at 2.92, 2.93 is BARELY what I call stable, and at 1.63Vs (pretty much) I can't exactly go much higher with my current cooling.

Once I get my new case and DangerDen installed, that may change, but to be honest, I'm not counting on it. 'sides, I even tested the bastard at 1.7Vs and it failed the same as before, so it either needs more volts than that, which would be insane, or it's just not gonna do it.

And I've tried every TREF from A-Z, makes no difference at all as far as stability goes. I don't think the BIOS or anything else matters, I think this processor is incapable, simple as that, without better cooling (phase for instance).

And I just noticed.

Don't call me kid. I don't respond well to such "nicknames" ;)

And to be frank, your whole statement in that quote is wrong as far as speeds varying by stepping.

Up until now every time I've gotten a similar stepping or SEEN a similar stepping it's performed the same (AKA CCBWEs get around 2.6 without better-than-liquid cooling, CCBBEs get 2.8+ etc etc.).

That's the main reason I think my specific processor was a dud in a batch of goodness, because every other CCBBE 0617 I've ever seen gets 3GHz or more, and mine's stuck at 2.92, 2.93 is BARELY what I call stable, and at 1.63Vs (pretty much) I can't exactly go much higher with my current cooling.

Once I get my new case and DangerDen installed, that may change, but to be honest, I'm not counting on it. 'sides, I even tested the bastard at 1.7Vs and it failed the same as before, so it either needs more volts than that, which would be insane, or it's just not gonna do it.

And I've tried every TREF from A-Z, makes no difference at all as far as stability goes. I don't think the BIOS or anything else matters, I think this processor is incapable, simple as that, without better cooling (phase for instance).

Thats not true I see people bitching on the forum all of the time that they got a chip with stellar stepping and could only get 2600mhz out of it when others are getting 3000mhz there is nothing guarenteed in life but to stay white and die, or black or whatever!

Hey the bios is a suggestion like everything else. But I will tell you that if this bios responds well to the new modules Merlins bios smoke the official....End of story on that one!

Hey the whole kid thing...don't feel bad I am 36 and I still get called kid because I look so young and for some reason no matter how old you are somebody is always calling you kid...lol

And you just made my point, it has everything to do with my stepping, and nothing to do with my board.

Was just re-reading everything and noticed the above statement. You are exactly 50% right and exatly 50% wrong. It has everything to do with the combination of both and with the user behind the settings. Getting a Venus wont solve your problems, untill you smarten up and start from the beginning. idc if you get an Ultra-D, an SLI-D, an SLI-DR, or a Venus, or a board from a different manufacturer.

I'd almost consider selling my entire system just to put an end to this.

Don't sell your system. Use your MOD powers and ban everyone in the 3G club and lock the thread down.. Everybody knew it was a bad idea to have a 3G club. It's really unfair to those that try really hard but just can't get there. (remember the handicap placard for gimp CPU's?) If you know where to look every bit of info needed to max a system out is somewhere in the 3400 posts. Just have to know who to put on your buddy list and who to add to the ignore list.

I for one get a kick out of this thread, seeing peoples frustrations reminds me of time long ago with my NF2 UltraB when I first fired it up and looked in the bios. I was one lost puppy.. A bunch of corrupted Windows installs and a handful of hotflashes later I had a sreaming XP-M and was hitting 263 FSB stable with some TCCD. I found the street after I had already sold that set up and moved on to NF3.

Oh Well, enough of my babble, I have to hurry up and get priming running so I can get myself a respectable dual core entry..