The AMD 3GHz Club

Funny how you say that yet .5 multis are the only ones I ever seem to be STABLE on LMAO

BIOS Settings:

FSB Bus Frequency............................. - 242

LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio....................... - 3x

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio....................... - 12x

PCI eXpress Frequency......................... - 102Mhz (Stupid question, is screwing with this a good idea?)

CPU VID StartUp Value......................... - Auto

CPU VID Control............................... - 1.425V

CPU VID Special Control....................... - Auto

LDT Voltage Control........................... - 1.2v

Chip Set Voltage Control...................... - 1.52v

DRAM Voltage Control.......................... - 2.87V

DRAM Configuration Settings:

DRAM Frequency Set............................ - 200

Command Per Clock (CPC)....................... - Enabled

CAS Latency Control (Tcl)..................... - 3

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd)..................... - 4

Min RAS# active time (Tras)................... - 8

Row precharge time (Trp)...................... - 3

Row Cycle time (Trc).......................... - 8

Row refresh cyc time (Trfc)................... - Auto

Row to Row delay (Trrd)....................... - 02

Write recovery time (Twr)..................... - 02

Write to Read delay (Twtr).................... - 02

Read to Write delay (Trwt).................... - 03

Refresh Period (Tref)......................... - 3120

DRAM Bank Interleave.......................... - Enabled

DQS Skew Control.............................. - Auto

DQS Skew Value................................ - 0

DRAM Drive Strength........................... - Auto

DRAM Data Drive Strength...................... Auto

Max Async Latency............................. - 6ns

DRAM Response Time............................ - Fast

Read Preamble Time............................ - 4.5ns

IdleCycle Limit............................... - 128 cycles

Dynamic Counter............................... - Disable

R/W Queue Bypass.............................. - 16 x

Bypass Max.................................... - 04 x

32 Byte Granularity........................... - Disable(4 Bursts)

Testin'er out like this, slightly different than the settings I used for OCDB, might give me just a teeny bit of a performance boost.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've cleaned and re-setup my W/C loop the way it should be (Pump>CPU and No.5 nozzle), and temps are way back down. Maybe now I can get my GGG back.. heh.

I have however managed a 9 hour prime at 280 1:1 with only 1.42v :)

@CharmedLover. PCI-e frequency may only be worth upping if you have insane overclocks on the vid card, or I hear it can fix some 7900 series "issues". I found upping to 120 gave me a few extra 3dMark points, but not enough to matter.

PCI-E bus speeds does improve overclocks in certain isloated cases ..... so it's worth a try.

One such case was that someone needed to up his PCi-E bus in sync. with HTT once it's above 300. Very interesting yet odd.

farksy/ help me...

GIve a more comprehensive explanation of the situation before i can help you. I mean you can't just post the settings and expect me to get it stable for you. [That's why i ain't responding in VR] I need to know what's happening. Moreover there are better overclockers here with advice. You obviously didn't report back the findings. How about i supposed to help ?

*Sorry to the other guys, might be a little harsh but i've tried helping as he posted in Vr-Zone too, but it was really too vague for me to understand.

GIve a more comprehensive explanation of the situation before i can help you. I mean you can't just post the settings and expect me to get it stable for you. [That's why i ain't responding in VR] I need to know what's happening. Moreover there are better overclockers here with advice. You obviously didn't report back the findings. How about i supposed to help ?

*Sorry to the other guys, might be a little harsh but i've tried helping as he posted in Vr-Zone too, but it was really too vague for me to understand.

i did............................

Guest drteming

I had it. Got to GGG at 1.51v. I passed prime95, got the screen shots for all the benchmarks except for 3DMark03. Kept on bumping up the voltage to get it to pass. And then...BSOD at 1.56v. Now, I am no where near stable at 334x9 in Windows at any voltage. Fortunately 312x9 is still stable at stock voltage. I guess I'll have to "settle" for a 1 gigahertz overclock :P.

Curse you 3DMark03, may your codes rot in he--.

I had it. Got to GGG at 1.51v. I passed prime95, got the screen shots for all the benchmarks except for 3DMark03. Kept on bumping up the voltage to get it to pass. And then...BSOD at 1.56v. Now, I am no where near stable at 339x9 in Windows at any voltage. Fortunately 312x9 is still stable at stock voltage. I guess I'll have to "settle" for a 1 gigahertz overclock :P.

Try tweaking your PCI-e frequency...I've had to bump that even without overclocking on some ATI gfx cards...I know your not using ATI by the way :) Just something to try.

EDIT: Your siggy indicates an OC on the gfx card as well. Take it back to stock ;)

I had it. Got to GGG at 1.51v. I passed prime95, got the screen shots for all the benchmarks except for 3DMark03. Kept on bumping up the voltage to get it to pass. And then...BSOD at 1.56v. Now, I am no where near stable at 339x9 in Windows at any voltage. Fortunately 312x9 is still stable at stock voltage. I guess I'll have to "settle" for a 1 gigahertz overclock :P.

3dmark03 is evil, Sometimes I think it just does it to mess with our heads. I actually run it now before prime even gets turned on.

Guest drteming
Try tweaking your PCI-e frequency...I've had to bump that even without overclocking on some ATI gfx cards...I know your not using ATI by the way :) Just something to try.

EDIT: Your siggy indicates an OC on the gfx card as well. Take it back to stock ;)

I had the gfx card down to stock speed and I still cannot get Windows stable at 3GHz. I must have bonked the cpu somehow with the voltage. Like I said, I still have a stable 1GHz overclock, so I guess I should be happy.

I had the gfx card down to stock speed and I still cannot get Windows stable at 3GHz. I must have bonked the cpu somehow with the voltage. Like I said, I still have a stable 1GHz overclock, so I guess I should be happy.

Do a cmos clear and try and get back to your 3ghz stable settings, then play with PCI-e frequency. Hopefully you didn' tator your processor but realisticly keeping it below 1.60v I don't think that is the case. If you have blue screened repeatedly, crashed and burned, etc, etc...you might try a fresh install. Another thing is make damn sure you are back to the exact settings that got you to 3ghz. Make sure you haven't overlooked something...