The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... forgive my french but holy f**king . I feel like a f**king idiot.

The CMOS Jumper was only on one pin. I am so tired and sick (and sick of working on this blasted machine) that I just now noticed.

BUT guess what?

Set it to all stock (2.6 on the CPU, 250 on the RAM etc etc.) and it won't boot now, it gets to "Backing up CMOS... done!" or whatever it is, and that's it, reboots. ::long sigh:: really didn't want to waste my day off working on this darn thing but looks like I'll have to.

I'm back to the same damn problem I was having with the Opteron, it would boot with one stick in but not two, and only then with the Windows XP disc in... gonna do a CMOS clear again for around 10 minutes (and put the jumper back right this time) and hope that fixes it cuz if not, I'm not doing another damn Windows install today, already done two.

Here's a proposition for you.

Do you have a liquid-cooled setup you could stick the thing in if i sent you the Opteron with the motherboard and my OCZ PC4000? Like similar to a Thermaltake BigWaterSE?

Cuz if I can send it to you and get it back runnin' sweet at 2.9GHz or maybe even 3 :) LOL ::tends to be evil when people offer her help:: Cuz I mean if I can get the Opty stable at either of those speeds I'll gladly take it over the FX-60, even though I love my 60.

If you can't do that I totally understand cuz there's the whole liability thing if something happens to the hardware.

That makes me think though, which to send...

Now I've removed the stock heatsink seat, would I need to put that back on before I send it? or wha?

waterbench2.jpg

universal block on a removable mobo tray for testing rigs

I cannot and will not guarantee you any overclock. I will try my best with what you have (once I do the most immediate thing which is make sure your board/cpu/RAM are working properly) but again, I cannot and will not make any guarantees that any overclock will be achieved.

you can look in the OCDB and see a few customer rigs that were sent to me and I put them in the OCDB before I sent them back though ;)

if you want to send it, stop posting here and do what I originally told you to do (email me).

I'm not worried about liability. Nothing will die. If it does, it will be replaced. But it won't because I've never killed anything that belongs to a customer.

You should definitely sell the FX-60 anyway as it's not worth the money (no top-end cpu is worth the price if you are into overclocking...a cpu that is 2600Mhz at stock and hits 3Ghz is not as impressive as a cpu that is 2200Mhz at stock and hits 3Ghz....and costs $500 less)

You should definitely sell the FX-60 anyway as it's not worth the money (no top-end cpu is worth the price if you are into overclocking...a cpu that is 2600Mhz at stock and hits 3Ghz is not as impressive as a cpu that is 2200Mhz at stock and hits 3Ghz....and costs $500 less)

I totally agree.

And ... You have a nice job OC-ing customer's rigs :D If only i lived there ... haha.

And TFK ... take this one.

24m03688s32milvz6.th.jpg

3.04Ghz 24min 3.688sec.

I'm officially in the top 10 with the lowest speeds ! :D:D:D

Looks like i'm going to have to put my UTT-CH5 in and try to get my spot back again. Congrat's Farsky.

AHhh !!! And it took me sometime to hit those times =X.

Guess there will be a friendly battle between both of us. =D.

Let the battle begin !

... forgive my french but holy f**king . I feel like a f**king idiot.

The CMOS Jumper was only on one pin. I am so tired and sick (and sick of working on this blasted machine) that I just now noticed.

BUT guess what?

Set it to all stock (2.6 on the CPU, 250 on the RAM etc etc.) and it won't boot now, it gets to "Backing up CMOS... done!" or whatever it is, and that's it, reboots. ::long sigh:: really didn't want to waste my day off working on this darn thing but looks like I'll have to.

I was about to suggest the probabilty of cmos jumper. Did the same thing a few months ago on an expert. I have since extended the jumper outside the case for conveinence and I have also learned a lot since Happy checked my Ultra-D last year. This is a great place to learn a lot, including patience.