The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been patient and as I've said repeatedly, I've tried just about everything I can. For now I'm taking a break from that thing and enjoying a stable system for once.

Thinking about putting it in my Asus board and trying the Opty out on that, could probably get 2.9 stable on it.

Really pisses me off that 2.9 was stable in everything including gaming for hours yet it failed Prime within 4 minutes, hence why I took it out today. Few things I can't stand more than a part that doesn't work right because it's decided it doesn't like something in my system.

At least I know my 60 loves this ram, and I'd rather have a rock stable system at 2.9/2.93 than take months to MAYBE hit 3 at this point. Tired of screwin' with it, plain and simple.

well

it took me all the way up until now

and I did cheat I suppose (by using a TEC unit, not air or water...but a killer relatively inexpensive TEC unit from Vigor Gaming)

but I'm about to join y'all finally with a 3Ghz overclock on the Socket AM2 Infinity Ultra-II and 4800+ X2 dual-core (2400Mhz stock)

I got to go stop Orthos now and let it do the 3d benches....I'll be back with proof or ultimate shame of failure for counting my chickens before they'd hatched...

;)

About Damn time classy lady!!

lol I passed anything a 3Ghz AMD could do a while ago (by installing a stock-speed E6600 Core2Duo haha) but it's always bugged me that I've taken every single AMD64 cpu up to 2800-2950Mhz but could just never break over 3Ghz stable (as per our ocdb)

Thraxz, my point is I know at what settings that ram is stable, if the CPU can't be stable at the settings I want, it's bye bye time.

Now I have yet another problem.

Went to do a fresh reinstall of windows and now my DFI CD will not read at all.

I've now tried 3 different CD drives.

I'm really sick and tired of all this installing BS, and to be honest I'd rather have a simple computer that works here lately... half tempted to EBay my parts and get a computer that's actually gonna work.