The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work Kaxx! Nice to see another 3700+ on the Honours Board :D

You have a similar rig setup to what I run daily, Typhoon and Yate Loons (except I need to install a third over my ram, I'm on a silent buzz right now). It's a good setup ;)

That make 47 on the honours roll!

FORTY SEVEN!!! That's just immense and far beyond what I'd ever imagined, at one stage I was hoping for just ten people, it's been great to see everyone step up to the plate and show just what these pretty little chunks of silicon can do. I am truly honoured to be part of this :)

We have to have a big party when we get to 50.. it can't be far off now! :D:D:D

Can you emphasize my "out-in-the-cold"ness any more TFK? Could ya? Huh? :( :mad: :(

Is this a real bummer or what? Cry, i could of wept buckets.

3050piexf6.th.jpg

Oh well, it's about 4 hours closer than i've been before. As it happens i think a little tweak on the ram and i may well get to it yet :D

Get another run done with slightly better cooling. 8 hours shouldn't be a problem =D.

And to GGG wannabes ... it's easier to enter the club with a 3700+ than a Opteron although it's dominated by some here. =D.

Kaxx - sorry, missed that 32M post, all added. I'm usually doing three things at once so it's not the first time I've missed a submission (sorry to all in that boat).

Thraxz - you mean that the 170 can't quite make 3GHz? Don't feel so bad, mine's doing 2.5GHz and even then it's creeping into the 50's according to coretemp. When I first installed coretemp I was doing 80deg C load under the stock amd heatpipe cooler (still stable however) and that scared my pants off! With my gf getting the 148 and my 170 turned into a quieter beast it looks like I won't be clocking much for a while :( (unless it's old school styles with the ultra-b or 250gb :D)

I really need to figure out how to get two columns in my sig... I have a secondary gaming rig I want to put in...

I digress; you see why I'm sad now?

EDIT: My 170 that does 2.85 is collecting dust in a box... any buyers? Anyone? hehe

Get another run done with slightly better cooling. 8 hours shouldn't be a problem =D.

And to GGG wannabes ... it's easier to enter the club with a 3700+ than a Opteron although it's dominated by some here. =D.

Better Cooling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: What sort of cooling had you got in mind farsky(looks at mach scratching head). Maybe i should put my complete rig in our freezer for good measure :D I know, your thinking of dual or tripple Cascade :eek: Seriously though, i think i know what the problem is and another run is underway.

@Kaxx, nice work and welcome to the club :)

Better Cooling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: What sort of cooling had you got in mind farsky(looks at mach scratching head). Maybe i should put my complete rig in our freezer for good measure :D I know, your thinking of dual or tripple Cascade :eek: Seriously though, i think i know what the problem is and another run is underway.

@Kaxx, nice work and welcome to the club :)

what are you idle/load and ambient temps during the 7 hour period?

show temps for cpu/pwm/chipset

slight changes in temps are known to cause prime to fail.

what are you idle/load and ambient temps during the 7 hour period?

show temps for cpu/pwm/chipset

slight changes in temps are known to cause prime to fail.

As i said, i don't think temps are a problem. Idle is about -28c, room ambient temps during that run and the one underway now are 22c. Screenie below of the temp situation as it is now.

tempsor4.th.jpg

As you can see, nothing of real concern with temps on this run either. I have altered two ram settings for this run, so in about 7 hours i'll know if i'm right or not.

f you ever work out the column thing Thraxz, let me know. It's been bugging me for ages.. heh

Think I understand what you are asking.

You can use some type of separator with a "period" to space things out.

I just did an excel spreadsheet using different colors back in the day and saved as a jpg..

2-Rigs.JPG

(Pic is before I shrunk it to 650x200 and <50K but you get the idea I'm sure

Think I understand what you are asking.

You can use some type of separator with a "period" to space things out.

I just did an excel spreadsheet using different colors back in the day and saved as a jpg..

2-Rigs.JPG

(Pic is before I shrunk it to 650x200 and <50K but you get the idea I'm sure

It be nice if we can add "html" code to post.