The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was going to spend 150 for a case I would grab one of these and mod the hell out of it. The Mountain Mods UFO is OK but I think you could do up a custom better..

http://www.modthebox.com/review241_1.shtml

I'd try this instead...not cheap at all though. Would measure 10 times then have someone else cut it for me...

http://www.overclockers.com/articles1358/

OOOOOH, that's a sweet case. You defnately wouldn't want to make any mistakes modding that baby. It's definately worth saving a few duckets a week until I have enough to buy it though.. Giving that some serious thought..

Page 2 of the review is crashing my browser though..

OOOOOH, that's a sweet case. You defnately wouldn't want to make any mistakes modding that baby. It's definately worth saving a few duckets a week until I have enough to buy it though.. Giving that some serious thought..

No kidding, I'd love to have one but I really like having my motherboard 'upside-down'...so either I'd have to mod it or the BTX kit would actually have to work fine for ATX boards.

That and I'm sure it must cost around $400-500.

Looks like those that have the CPU's have maxed them out, not many new rides in the club.

Well I got my 165 on, and I've been tryin for a week to get my 148 on too but it's not a 3ghz stepping (CAB2E 0546BPMW), at least not without some serious cooling and a missing IHS, from what i hear. the best i got out of it was 2.9ghz @ 1.55v with more voltage not helping anything.. I'll put it on the OCDB but it's not even close to GGG... gonna be swapping it for a 146 probably, then i'll try to get that one on.

i thought oc_newbie would be encouraging everyone to go for GGG with his insane clocks on air... maybe he's scaring them away :P

I still think this thread is one of the best on the street.. props to TheFlowerKing and all the rest of you guys still interested in pushing that barrier, we got a lot of GGG street-certified entries in the OCDB now and that's a great resource.

Looks like those that have the CPU's have maxed them out, not many new rides in the club.

Picked up my container from the machine shop yesterday. Looks good, had him take about an 1/8 inch off the base and give me a true flat surface to work with. A couple of evenings worth of lapping to get rid of the machining marks and we will be good. I'm racing this weekend so it will have to be the following weekend to make the runs. I think 60lbs of dry ice will be enough to make a ocdb entry, better get 80 or more though just incase.. Plus dry ice bombs are a quite fun as well.

LMAO You are going to have to be one of those people that sit's and watches P95 run for 8 hours (to keep refilling the can) i think youll be one of very few to ever stress test dice, and not just bench (You better pull some killer pi times)

What are the odds of something not going wrong trying an 8 hour prime run on dice? You know 8 hours of nothing but prime and filling a tube isn't going to happen, I get impatient waiting for 1M Pi runs to finish. I'm sure it will end up like the last time I had some friends bring all their stuff to the house for some dice runs. 2 Hours of benchmarking and then pack it up and head for the Penthouse Club..

Never thought about setting a record but that might be interesting. Maybe I can get me a line of gamer quality parts if I set a record or two. Kick back and just enjoy the royalties.

I guess I could pick up another 3 or 4 feet of copper pipe and solder me a 6 foot tall container together.lol..