The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Mushkin HP arrived today.... Doesn't look like it's gonna help my PI runs any:( As I feared, it runs fine at 2-3-5-2 @200, but can't even hit 210 at the same timings. I got it run Memtest at 220, but it took CAS 3:eek: and still errored out at the end of test 5. I think it's this stuff discussed here, hence my overly negative attitude to it... Guess I better keep playing with the stuff a bit before I sell it on.... should of stretched the budget a bit and gone for the Redlines.

My Mushkin HP arrived today.... Doesn't look like it's gonna help my PI runs any:( As I feared, it runs fine at 2-3-5-2 @200, but can't even hit 210 at the same timings. I got it run Memtest at 220, but it took CAS 3:eek: and still errored out at the end of test 5. I think it's this stuff discussed here, hence my overly negative attitude to it... Guess I better keep playing with the stuff a bit before I sell it on.... should of stretched the budget a bit and gone for the Redlines.

my redlines are hitting 3d instability at 285+ at the 3/4 divider. but I'm still tweaking it up.

You know I'll do a prime stable + benchmarks for you just so we can all share the pain of the amount of money I spent to not do much better than a 165 Opty.. ;)

On another note, I have been trying different combinations of beta bioses and drivers for the ULI controller on the CFX3200 and just may have got the RAID straigthened out. No freezes in the last 4 hours.. Actually have 2 RAID0 arrays set up on the controller just to make sure. If that works out I'll do the 4 X Raptor RAID0. The ULI controller does pull some impressive numbers for drive benchmarks when it works.. 220 MB/S Reads 380 burst so far..

4 of those Seagate 7200.10 would be just as good as the raptors. Have a 320GB one, read speeds are around 66Mb/s with slower seek times compared to those of the raptors.

4 of those Seagate 7200.10 would be just as good as the raptors. Have a 320GB one, read speeds are around 66Mb/s with slower seek times compared to those of the raptors.

I got two of the 400G ones, as I bought 1 of the new 700G with perpendicular technology and returned it twice because of data corruption and badblocks after writing over 400gigs to it.

@Kitfit: You've probably allready seen this. This is an example of that stepping of S-D 4000.

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=360016vyp7.jpg

Impressive! This one looks like he's air cooled. He sez stable. But I only see a 1 meg pi there though. He sez that going over 1.6vid doesn't give him anymore mhzs though I had the same problem with prime on air and I think I still do but that's a totally diffrent core. So whaddya' think 3.5 ghz phase? It just might.. A 1megger would fly in the 23 sec range.(Or really close)

Edit: Ooops I missread his mbm That looks like 0c cpu temps. I guess thats a Tec and he lives where it's pretty cool. 3.36ghz@0c.. But he sez more volts no help. Hummm.....

@Kitfit: You've probably allready seen this. This is an example of that stepping of S-D 4000.

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=360016vyp7.jpg

Impressive! This one looks like he's air cooled. He sez stable. But I only see a 1 meg pi there though. He sez that going over 1.6vid doesn't give him anymore mhzs though I had the same problem with prime on air and I think I still do but that's a totally diffrent core. So whaddya' think 3.5 ghz phase? It just might.. A 1megger would fly in the 23 sec range.(Or really close)

Edit: Ooops I missread his mbm That looks like 0c cpu temps. I guess thats a Tec and he lives where it's pretty cool.

Looks good dos'nt it Clay. He's running on a divider as well, which i would'nt need to do. Yes, it does look like he might be using a Tec+w/c. If it is'nt cold bugged i would expect to be somewhere around the 3.5ghz to 3.7ghz mark. mind you i've got to bag the one i'm after first(could be as exciting as someone that's just discovered what exciting is :D).

Edit:by the way Clay his clock is 3.587ghz not 3.36ghz :eek:

Edit:by the way Clay his clock is 3.587ghz not 3.36ghz :eek:

Ooops looks like I misread sumptin' else. Hehee.... I'm still readin' up on this stuff. Learnin' about htt cold buggs an stuff. Looks good that's fer' sure. I guess I'll keep readin' see if I can learn anything.

Under full load (hes still at 94% cpu usage) a stock phase unit will easily hit above freezing temps. high HTT cold bugs is why high multi chips are easier, almost every FX-60 chip is coldbugged aboce 280 or so HTT, but the multi makes up the diffeence. Coldbug is most likel kit's problem above 300 HTT, Clay could be nice of you to shoot him that coldbugged thread i showed you. I would but i dont have the link on this laptop.

Jeez guys. Please don't get upset. I decided that watercooling was too selfish of to get, when I can just get a TR 120 Ultra and see if that will get me over the edge. Hell, I'll never get back in the top ten with all the pelts and phases. (but I'm thinking of getting a 165 with the extra money, that won't be selfish cause then I can send a bud of mine the nf2 stuff that my kid is using now. I'll give her whatever cpu I don't keep) Let's keep Angry in Idaho and be Happy here at the GGG posts.

edit: I see there are TTBT's in the GGG club but no 120 Ultra's, they too new or are the Typhoon's better?