The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wanting to move into a dualcore since I built that rig with X2 3800 for my dad, I was going to make a deal for an Opty 170 when the C2D 6600 deal fell in my lap. I need to make some room and needed to sell some some stuff to be able to finish the rig. Other than my current rigs, the rest of my stuff isn't worth selling plus the 4 or 5 years of data on them wouldn't be any fun to transfer to a different rig..

Well it seems I can run SuperPI 1m @ 3200MHz, 32m @ 3140, but can't for the life of me get a Prime run at anything over 3.0GHz.:mad:

I wish my new memory would show up:rolleyes:

What is your new memory gonna be?

What is your new memory gonna be?
Nothing too fancy, just the 2x1Gb Mushkin HP 2-3-2, although they look to be the ones with the silver heat spreaders... which I later heard bad things about:rolleyes: They're second hand, so if I don't like 'em, i should be able to sell them on for what I paid. Should help gaming performance regardless though:)

those should be good, I love my XP Redlines they good so far, just gotta get them 3dstable at 280Mhz :D, otherwise I can live with 250-270Mhz at 03/04 divider.

good luck with the HP :), make sure to let it rip in superpi.

In fact it won't surprise me one little bit. When he pops up here with a brand new totally-super-killer-mega-uber processor. (I'm sure it's only a matter of time)

Are you psycic or something Clay?:eek: As it happens i am working on getting a 4000 KAB1E 0626FPMW at the moment(just for benching and clocking). 3ghz and above on stock volts seems to be the norm for it and it dose'nt seem to be coldbugged either. I just hope i can get it at the right price, i should know by the middle of next week.

You people with Phase-Cooling think you're so cool because your PC doubles as a refrigerator and weights more than most people's chassis,speakers,monitor & chair put together :D

What's next, are you gonna cool your chips in a nuclear reactor?

You people with Phase-Cooling think you're so cool because your PC doubles as a refrigerator and weights more than most people's chassis,speakers,monitor & chair put together :D

What's next, are you gonna cool your chips in a nuclear reactor?

Perhaps we arn't bothered by the weight, because we don't go to Lan Parties and our PC's stay where they are. I can only assume somebody must have locked you in a fridge when a child or something, because every time phase has been mentioned on this forum you come out with the same sort of nonsense as the quote above. Ok you don't like phase;fine, some of us do, but we don't go round rubbishing Tec's and water cooling(which can cost more than phase anyway). So we don't need constant reminders of your aversion to phase.

Well done on the Pi times by the way, looks like that'l take a bit of catching.