The AMD 3GHz Club

Guest MadDias

here´s my SuperPI 1M to be in the top ten rankings.. not only the 32M one ;)

superpi1meo1.th.jpg

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Farksy: Congrats on the "Toaster" Sorry I missed that. And yeah clamps screws are allways better than clips. Better more even "TIM" compression. Better preasure on the die. We get it kinda' warm here sometimes.119.8f (48c)in the shade week before last er' then abouts. Air-Conditioning is a life saver. This week it's been really cool humidity been really high though. Singapore!! I guess you don't need anyone to tell ya' what heat and humidity is. LOL

@TheFlowerKing: Got another update for ya' good sir. (A post up) That might be it though. Tonight I'll try 309 1-1 with those timings.But I might try for a better 32m. But took me awhile to get 307 to do the pi with those timings so I dunno..... But it's a really good lesson for me OCin' nf4. Quite alot diffrent than nf2 overclocking. To do better I might have to bite the bullet and either slack up my timings or put it onna' divider.Or maybe a diffrent multi+divider Either way it may or may not yeild much improvement. Humm.... thinkin'-thinkin-thinkin........LOL I'm still Ocin' nf2 style though LOL In case yer' wondering about my 32m custom pg file multi drives. Helps the 32m alot I think it actually may slow the 1m's down jus abit.

Edit: Like I said I don't expect to be in the top ten for very long. Once all the votes are in I expect to maybe if lucky be in the middle of the pack. But then again there's alot of OCer's that won't post unless they can outpull at least 1 of the post allready shown. Hummm..... I gotta' an idea maybe lower bench for some of em'. LOL It's a kinda' sneaky thing to do but more poeple will post the superpi race if they got someone they know they can beat. And I really hate to say it but where we are right now is a some pretty tuff clocks to top. I'll do something about that today If no-one object's too much about it.

Guest Timmay

Wow, this thread has grown. Im in the process of tracking down some water cooling (slowly slowly) so I can push my chip past 3GHz stable - heat is killing my chip.

I will catch up to you heavy hitters :D

ps get off the forums at 6:56am TFK :P

Clay - wicked tccd there, I'm such a sucker for high 2.5-3-3 clocks :D

MadDias - I can see I need to shave 10 seconds off my 32M time to catch up to you, trust me, I've been trying but I can only get 7 secs off so far..

Thanks FlowerKing I think I was really lucky to get it. I got it volted as far as I'm going to we'll see if I can wring abit more outta' it without cooking it.

farksy - they should do 2.5-3-3 at ddr500, that's what tccd is rated for.

Most of em' will do that maybe abit better i got three sticks that can do 252 in nf2 @2.5-3-3. These two did 262 in nf2.(I thought the others were Bad! LOL)

@TheFlowerKing: Holy smokes those are almost the exact timings I used for 307 except I backed off my max-lats abit more 9ns-6ns. still I had to give the dimms 2.9v to get solid for a 1m pi. That's about all they're gonna get.(Not 24/7) Tonight I may try a better 32m pi less stress on my mems more on the processor. I think it's probably easier to get another processor.

OK Everybody out of the water by 6:56 tonight. Any idea's when Happy will have the forum open?I'll probably be tryin all night long to post my screenie.LOLAt 6:45 I'll goto XS and pull up some XP tweaks. (But I think this install is pretty much hosed by my bad overclocking.) :)

Bam! Another one to join the 3Ghz club.

For now I am gonna enjoy my pc (for a week). I know for a fact that there is still plenty of juice left in this CPU. Well, that's what weekends are for anyway!!

That entry was invalid. Check your entry.