The AMD 3GHz Club

Awsome, another 144 in the club:cool:

This isn't going to be like ep 0503 of SouthPark is it? :P

Been playing with a 3800 X2 all night. It does 2700 at 1.46v.

That's a pretty good processor for the price of one these days, that would be a faithful servant for years and it is already quicker than a 5000+. Very nice indeed.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Timmay
This isn't going to be like ep 0503 of SouthPark is it? :P

lol.gif

Ahh good times, good times.

I may have a buyer for my old computer gear. I have managed to score a P4 2GHz, and P4 3GHz HT (S478 - PressHOT) with 1GB RAM and 2 main boards with a 9700PRO for 2 bottles of Absolute!!!!

Gonna sell the slower one and get my self closer to that WC'ing banana.gif

Hmm ... just got an Opteron CABYE 146 FPMW.

Will have to do up the benches before i can post on OCDB. Then i'll post it here.

3000Mhz anyone ? I'll try to bench at the lowest possible voltage. Possible the first under 1.5V here ? :D

You would have to do better then 3024MHz @ 1.44v's :D

Aww ,.,.. shiet. I didn't see that properly. Now it's impossible. I'm in Singapore, the air is so darn hot ! I get load of 55C @ 1.45V on a ninja ! That's scary.

I wonder how much more i will get .... seeing the prime 8 hours freaks me out. Now i'll take at least a day or so to get it done =X.

Guest Timmay

Yep it can be an issue, I usually do mine at night here and leave the window slightly open, it drops my temps a fair amount, not just on the CPU but on the whole motherboard.

8 hours is what is required for the OCDB, most people here leave it running longer to "make sure". That is that their rig will last longer then 8 hours and then crash on them.

Good luck with the tweaking!

Hey guys, Got a question on the opteron 144 for the DFI boards. I wonder if I need to make any changes to install a 144 cpu in my system? I have a 3500+ right and want to go to the opty. I have 1 coming today 144 CAB2E 0545 how good is the stepping and overclocking on this cpu if anyone can tell me. I read that DFI didnt support opty cpu's but I see other wise. My Bios is original not an updated if that means anything. Thanks.

I wonder if I need to make any changes to install a 144 cpu in my system?.

Nothing apart from the usual stock stable bios settings and uninstalling the old cpu in device manager befoer shutting down, just to make sure ;)

I'd change bios' as well if you're still running stock, latest official bios should suit ya well :)

Bleacherman - no real reason for a bios change except that the latest is usually best. As long as you're running a bios version 0510-2FIX or after you should be good.

lackobreath - very nice run mate, you've got the 30th entry in GGG! Another nice 165 CCBBE! Very nice indeed :D