The AMD 3GHz Club

It doesn't make me any difference. I just took

Hi peeps,

3 - MUST be either air or water cooled. Sorry, phase is just too easy to break 3GHz with

meant ambient temps. Its TheFlowerKing database abd his decision

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dudes, don't come down too hard on me.

I was just voicing some opinions as well.

Plus, I think you know I am a benchmark freak.

(I certainly got enough posts in the RAID Benchmark thread)

Kudos to you for trying to get more in the OCDB thread.

I fully understand your intentions were nothing but well intended.

I hope I didn't come across as mean spirited or negative.

Just seemed that starting a special club wasn't needed IMHO.

And I do realize that the vast majority of posters in this thread are NOT concerned with feeding their ego, but with helping others.

Think someone had already posted that they didn't think all the RAM settings posted in in the OCDB were stable.

Not sure I understand that remark except to assume that he meant for a longer period of Prime.

And I think most of you agree that stability is really determined by actual usage.

In fact, it's the ONLY thing that really determines stability.

And since all the benchmarks say "don't compare with previous versions" I was throwing out some ideas.

Just musing on what could be done to make it what I considered "Special". no more no less. :)

(Still not sure I agree with Air or water cooling "only" either. Figure a guy should be able to spend as much as he wants to get it there. Like saying no FX-57s or FX-60s allowed.)

I can tell you I am totally embarrassed that I did not the time over the last year to submit various rigs with different mobos, cpus, and RAM.

I look at all the entries that Happy_Games and THunDA have done and I feel downright guilty.

But I have promised Travis some entries and I will deliver.

So again, respect and admiration to all those who have taken the time to enter the info into the OCDB. And Best Luck with the GGG club as well.

Really sorry if my previous post came across incorrectly.

Nah, I never took it badly mate, I definitely know where you're coming from.

I debated the use of the word "club" for a while yesterday, I'm merely trying to create a goal for people to push their rigs further and create more OCDB entries.

And I DEFINITELY know where you're coming from regarding ram timings in the OCDB not being totally stable. I have had at least three setups that had qualified for OCDB (ie. had run all the benchies etc) but had crashed when playing bf2 or civ4 so I didn't include them. (After all, it's a bit misleading to the guy who tries to replicate your setup and keeps crashing out in games!)

I'm also open for debate on whether to allow phase. Tell you guys what, if I get five people posting in here to allow phase, then it's in. I guess GGG is GGG no matter how you get there. (Any mole's hole is a goal?)

I'm still musing over a Drag & Race Thread... input anyone?

Guest caffeinejunkie

I wouldnt mind the inclusion of phase

I mean obviously it gives them a huge advantage

and anyone that cant get a skt939 to 3ghz on phase should be shot

but still lol :D

Think someone had already posted that they didn't think all the RAM settings posted in in the OCDB were stable.

If you're refering to my comment

This type of thinking can be seen in the G.Skill HZ database that's posted here. I've had many sets of this memory and I know some of those settings are not 100% stable. But day in and day out people are wasting their time using them because someone makes an unsubstantiated claim that they are stable.

I didn't mean the OCDB. This was in reference to the G.Skill thread where everyone has posted their "stable" settings with no validation.

Guest Timmay

Well I can't wait to get my motherboard back from RMA so I can join this little 3GHz Club :cool:

I'll be sure to do an OCDB entry ;)

I'll post in the OCDB once I get my new chip. I say 3ghz is 3ghz, air, water, or phase. If phase cooling was easy everyone would do it, so I don't think they should be penalized. I down for a drag race, since I can't game 24/7. Or can I?