The AMD 3GHz Club

Thanks....

Hoping for the full 250fsb that will put me at 3250mhz....

I have a Zalman 9500 sitting on it now...and it's running at 40c loaded at 1.35v which is a little high I think but not going to worry about temps at all...;)

it does run 24c idle and usually sits about 26c running thru windows and such....

One thing I have noticed so far is it's different with the ram as far as settings....I am using Patriot ddr800 LLKs and i could run 4-4-4-12-1T in the Biostar 550 but this board dont like 1T at all...

so I got 28hours logged into Orthos as of now and before I shut it down I am running 3D-Mark 01se to get my SSDB screenie....

and if it all goes well I am off to clock this puppy up...just for giggles...;)

EDIT:

Ok it's official....I am a dumbass....for real....looking over this Epox board it appears it's not set up in the bios as i am used to....if you head into the CPU frequency tab you get the old fashion RED box promt to key in a number....0-250.... so I thought it was 250fsb and thats all....WRONG...it's the number you key in plus 200mhz fsb....I kept trying 210 and 220 and no go....because that was 410 and 420 fsb....what a dumbass....whats worse as I am actually admiting to this....it really looks like the old Via kt266 cpu clock in red....but it's nothing like it at all...

Anyhow....upped the bus to 220 and lowered the vcore to 1.35v and heat went up 12c on load...holy sheet....this thing is going to be hot, hot , hot......so it may stay at 2.6ghz stock till I get a 9700 to replace the 9500...?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=265239

That was my latest...going through hard drives like crazy...

Doubt if it'll pass Orthos but did have a run at 3030 for a few hours...corrupted Windows however.

My screenshots can be found on hwbot...as I have no idea which drive they are "physically" on.

If possible could a moderator PM me about details...thanks

I made it....

It settled at 232x13 for 3016mhz at 1.38v.....

235 or higher wont go...orthos fails in 2-3 minutes so I'll have to spend a day fiddling with each ram timing till I find the one(s) that get me higher....or just switch the ram...

this chip will easily boot at 3200 on 1.4v but fails inside 3 minutes...I am sure it's ram as I have tried everything else...fed it 1.5vcore and it didnt help any...

but I will get the ssdb and ocdb done very soon....

but even though...sitting at 25c idle and 44c loaded with 70f ambient temps....so not bad at all considering....

I think so....

Those Ballistix go pretty far on Auto on the Tforce 550...so I'll bet they'll sail to the same speed on the Epox...that would put me around 3.4ghz or higher if it would go...?

I may do that and rebench it against the rig I sold Reelfiles as I still got his score for encoding....should be fun...;)

Not sure why but scores dont change above 3.0ghz on anything and actually Super Pi 1M gets slower...?

on the tforce I was at 28sec in 1M but on the Epox best so far is 31sec at pretty much the same speed and 40 less fsb mhz...?

Not sure I understand that....? all the 3Dmarks gain with each step but above 3G's it's no change....thats when I loaded SP and ran 1M test at all the speeds from stock

I also ran all the Everest Ultimate Memory benches from stock to OC'd in 1T, 2T times and slot frequencies of 75ns, 105ns and 127.5ns and I also tried them on a divider...

I found mostly no difference at all between them all...maybe 200 for easch difference...?

not these Ballistix...not on AMD either...only good for ddr800 at 4-4-4-12 and the rest is 5-6-6-18-2T at 2.0v any higher voltage and it wont scale at all...I think it has to do more with the EPP...because these sticks are EPP at 2.2v

not these Ballistix...not on AMD either...only good for ddr800 at 4-4-4-12 and the rest is 5-6-6-18-2T at 2.0v any higher voltage and it wont scale at all...I think it has to do more with the EPP...because these sticks are EPP at 2.2v

Are you saying that on an AMD platform they just ar'nt as good as on an Intel platform ? That does surprise me. On my rig i was amazed at just how well they do scale, and scale with tight timngs as well.

Yep thats what I am saying....

They'll go higher and a little tighter on Intel....they top out around 1070ish on 5-5-5-18 2.0v and around 900mhz on 4-4-4-12 at 2.0v

on AMD I didnt get much over 800mhz before I had to switch to cas 5 and 2.0v is the best voltage for them...any higher and the ram wouldnt scale...these sticks are EPP enabled

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...