The AMD 3GHz Club

Yup, already in the list :D Would love to see more, IMO s754 and duallies are the hardest to get, but a single core is no easier feat by any standard.

If you post in the nf3 forum about GGG, and link this thread, maybe some of those will post in the OCDB. I have seen a few of them with speed over 3 GHz.

BTW, my stepping is SH-E5

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Synchronize

Excellent idea flowerking, i might see if i can go further than three to get up there with the fatboys :shake: . I'm surprised there isn't more users on that list.

I've already stated my opinion of a sig for a 3GB club and that hasn't changed. However, TheFlowerKing, I want to applaud you for your initiative. When I looked at the list you've compiled so far something occurred to me that hadn't previously. Already it's easy to see that there is going to be a large discrepancy in what is claimed as 3.0+ in signatures and actual prove. Many times a person comes here asking for help and someone says try this or that, it's stable for me. The person will use those settings to no avail. It was a waste of time because the settings weren't stable to begin with.

This type of thinking can be seen in the G.Skill HZ database that's posted here. I've had many sets of this memory and I know some of those settings are not 100% stable. But day in and day out people are wasting their time using them because someone makes an unsubstantiated claim that they are stable.

This type of thinking is prevalent on another forum (which I won't name because I'm already in disfavor for comments that I have made). People are giving advise constantly claiming stability. In other posts these same people will say they run Prime for 1 hour because it errors if they run it 2 hours. Then they want to belittle this forum because of the requirements needed to prove stability.

With the requirements that you have set

The requirements will be as follows :

1 - MUST be an AMD cpu, single core or dual core makes no difference. Socket doesn't matter either.

2 - MUST be OCDB stable. Hence, it must also have a valid OCDB entry.

3 - MUST be either air or water cooled. Sorry, phase is just too easy to break 3GHz with.

4 - MUST be 3GHz or over, naturally.

5 - MUST have a descriptor in the format : Username - SpeedInMHz - CPU - Cooling (ie. JohnDoe - 3000MHz - 3700+ - XP90 )

and H_G mandating those requirements

any 'club' here at the street would have to adhere to our normal stability rules (Overclocking Database / Stock Speed Database)

I feel this database will be invaluable to anyone having difficulties overclocking their system to the extreme. And unlike what others would say on another forum this is extreme because it is truly stable.

If there's anything I can do to help please let me know. Once again, nice job.

hmm, interesting idea.

just a couple of thoughts here.

While I applaud all those with OCDB entries I don't think they should be automatically included. My reasoning on this. Old benchmarks

Everyone should need to use the latest benchmarks.

Latest Everest Ultimate 2.80 (Even if it's the trial version) www.lavalys.com

Latest CPU-Z 1.34-1 (must be validated) www.cpuid.com

Latest SP2004 (Beta) at http://sp2004.fre3.com/download.htm

It's virtually impossible to cheat on and it should be run with a priority of 9.

I just don't believe you are actually priming if you are working on the computer at the same time.

I also believe that Prime 95 ver 2.38 is much easier that ver 2.414.

I'd also like to see the new A64 Info program used instead of A64 tweaker as it gives more information

And of course NO Aquamark requirements.

If we are running Futuremark 01-03-05 why not include 06.

Gives all the dual core owners a chance to show off their higher scores to us single core users. :)

Still not sure what is so "magic" about the "8 hour" Priming number.

I mean why not 4, or 6, or 12 or hell 24 hours!

If it's gonna be a "special" club, make it hard. Real Hard.

With Opty's the number of people hitting 3G has increased like 100 fold.

That's why I bought mine I know, to hit 3G.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade.

but if it isn't harder, everyone should just get off their asses and post in the OCDB like "Happy" has been begging for ages.

Wheh he gets enough posts in there (as it currently exists with same requirements), I am sure "Happy" will decide on a logo for it.

(It's not like he hasn't been asking those with Photoshop skills for ideas for a hell of a long time.)

Want a "special" club? Then show me what is so special about the club.

Otherwize just complete the OCDB and await the logo.

Otherwize just complete the OCDB and await the logo.

Except for the database being helpful to others that's my thought exactly.

Everyone should need to use the latest benchmarks.

What happens tomorrow when new versions come out to the people that tested today?

Latest SP2004 (Beta) at http://sp2004.fre3.com/download.htm

It's virtually impossible to cheat on and it should be run with a priority of 9.

I disagree. Why use beta anything when trying to prove system stability. SP2004 is harder to cheat on. But if a person is determined they can cheat anyway.

I just don't believe you are actually priming if you are working on the computer at the same time.

Once again I disagree. I've seen to many times where a system will crash or Prime will error when someone is trying to do some other intensive task at the same time but either program is fine by itself. The consensus seems to be both programs fighting for resources. I don't believe that makes any difference. The system is still not stable.

I'd also like to see the new A64 Info program used instead of A64 tweaker as it gives more information

That's a great idea. It's much more informative.

I do think this info being in one place would be beneficial to someone struggling to reach 3.0+. But I for one would not run a completely different set of benchmarks just for this. Any info I share I do to help not impress others. That's the only reason I have entries in the OCDB.

All this is a moot point anyway as H_G has already replied with what is required in order for this to go forward.

Well I guess I'm in as well (3ghz in the OCDB).

What is all this talk about a logo ?

(I am still waiting for the Toaster when I qualified with the old Nf2 at 2.5 in 2004)

respect.

Stepping in sig..

Test rig

Lanparty UT NF4 ultra-D 702-bta Bios

OCZ 4800 plat 2 x 512mb 1:1 2.5 4 8 4 IT @2.7v

Opteron 148 0536 GPMW 301x10 @ 1.6v (minus IHS)

Sapphire x800gto2 bios modded x850xt pe 640/600

Enermax EG701AX PSU

36 gb raptor

Swiftech 226 watt peltier

Watercooler out the window (again)

no load -8°C, full load 15°C

Isn't this kind of like phase?

@soundx98 ::=

The reason I chose OCDB entry as the qualification was two-fold.

Firstly, it is an already established benchmark within the street that aids others in attaining similar results with similar setups.

Secondly, I was hoping this would be a bit more incentive to get more people to submit entries to the OCDB (and tweak their settings if they're almost at GGG) because, IMO, the OCDB's are one of the biggest assets to the street.

Mayhaps I should have reworked the title to The AMD OCDB GGG Club to reflect that.

I have also toyed with the idea of a Drag & Race Thread similar to what you are outlining where you will need to not only prove stability but provide benchies (Drag : Pi 1M, Race : Pi 32M) but I keep downplaying the idea since it would involve people spending more time benching and not using their pc's for what they have bought them for.

The OCDB standards are proven IMO and if you're going to be spending time benching/stability proving then I'd rather it add to the OCDB than to a singular thread.

Just my thoughts,

Dave