The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i've hit the 3.0Ghz many times.. i finally think i got a stable OC. I will spend the next few days testing just how stable it is. I ran Everest Ultimate Engineer Edition 4.10.1091 System Stability Test for 4 hours and all went fine. real test will be orthos.

I have reached as high as 3.201Ghz, but it was not anywhere close to stable, and anything beyond that, the pc would not boot.

Okay, I have done it. My ASUS lin64 SLI is here and a Silverstone Olympia Kilo-watter for power. I have 2 FX-74s and 4 Gigs of Corsair SLI ready Memory.

I have two setups with Intell chips and this is on a test bench. My body is responding to Exercise and medication aand I'm back in the DIY game again. My #3 unit is a VooDo Omen with OC'd X6800 and pair of 8800 Ultra"s in SLI. Overboard? Perhaps just a little. But, what the hell, I needed to get rid of the money anyway. I gave away 4 Computers that I had been playing with. my daughter wants me to give away another one, but I can't do it.

I have a bunch of 939 chips laying araound Single and dual core. Anyone with a friend who wants a cheap chip to practice OC'ng just Pm me and you can have one for price of shipping. There are only about 12 of them, so first come, and so forth. That's all I have that needs a home right now.

I will be working on a sig to show all 3 rigs but no hurry at present. I have 3 more weeks of Radiation and Chemo (5FU with pump and 96 hour infusion) Therapy Plus surgery to follow. Treatment is slow, but I feel stronger every day. The big "C" is not so scary if you get diagnosed early. The Shrink says I am proof of his "Hardiness" theory. People think I'm nuts cause I'm not crying about it. Put on some Voodo Tatoos and had everyone questioning my sanity. Fun anyway.

LOL to 3GGG's. I'm Back and you will hear more braggs. I'm looking for 4GGGG's now. I had my X6800 @ 3800 Mhz and now to burn up some FX's. YEH! Go man.

Man good to hear you are back in the game. I have been wanting to see what those FX-74's will do when pushed and for some reason I think your the right one for the job. Gotta feeling your gonna push those records even further up now:nod: