The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest drteming

Cool, thanks. I always used the blend test (for OCDB) and never bothered with the custom settings.

With the new Prime95 you have to use custom settings unless you don't want to be able to do anything while you prime, because if you leave it on auto-blend, it uses 1750MBs of RAM, which if you only have 2GBs in your system, is kinda a problem :) I just set mine to use 1250 instead and leave all the other settings at the default blend settings.

I'm priming right now to recertify my latest OCDB Entry with my new liquid cooling system, current core temps (in Everest): 36,38,34,36

My temps from my OCDB Entry testing with air cooling: 60+ on every single core.

::is one very happy girl right now:: LOL Glad I let y'all bully me in to getting a danger den liquid cooling system.

With the new Prime95 you have to use custom settings unless you don't want to be able to do anything while you prime, because if you leave it on auto-blend, it uses 1750MBs of RAM, which if you only have 2GBs in your system, is kinda a problem :) I just set mine to use 1250 instead and leave all the other settings at the default blend settings.

I'm priming right now to recertify my latest OCDB Entry with my new liquid cooling system, current core temps (in Everest): 36,38,34,36

My temps from my OCDB Entry testing with air cooling: 60+ on every single core.

::is one very happy girl right now:: LOL Glad I let y'all bully me in to getting a danger den liquid cooling system.

What was you using for air cooler ?

Just the stock air cooler. Gotta say the fact that it handled 1.4Vs did impress me a bit, my stock AMD cooler wouldn't handle that and it had heatpipes, the stock QX6850 cooler just has a copper base and aluminum fins with a fan on top of it's circular shape.

Now I'm using a loop that's D5 > TDX 775 > Danger Den Black Ice 360 (I believe it's Xtreme) > Reservoir

And the highest temps I saw during 8 hours of Prime @ 3.333GHz/1.4Vs was 47C Core temp (CPU temp never went above 42C)

Welp, as I expected, 3.666GHz didn't last long in Prime, and turning up the voltage didn't seem to make the motherboard any happier, in fact at 1.45V I had problems even getting it to boot up... Wish I could do this OCing in baby steps but I can't get this thing to load up with the FSB at anything but 1333. ::Yawns:: for now I think I'll just be happy with 3.333 and everything working smoothly and running cool. I'll probably take another stab at OCing next weekend or so.

I have just been happy to run my stuff at 3.4 for awhile now. I haven't rebooted my rig for a month. It's been kind of nice to have everything just work for a change. I think my OC days are coming to an end anyway. I've been on my laptop more than anything else.

I have just been happy to run my stuff at 3.4 for awhile now. I haven't rebooted my rig for a month. It's been kind of nice to have everything just work for a change. I think my OC days are coming to an end anyway. I've been on my laptop more than anything else.
Yeah im there too man. Although i don't have reboots. my clocked PCs seam to run slower then the PCs I cant clock. And i see no differents in day to day stuff. just benches. that MSI k800mm 754 now that thing boot so fast you ant got time to hit delete key to get in the bios :D Its in windows before my screen comes up to go to bios :rolleyes: I keep getting more and more stuff but nothing runs any faster. Im going to max out my ram 1:1 like 2500 and see how she does.

I got two weeks without kids so I'm gonna play with a nf3-D board. found my problem why I bad mouthed my RDX200 so bad. I got a new at the time 3200 EE Venice that was bad from the get go. then i put it in a nf3_D board and it went to RMA three times. They said nothing wrong. So the third time i set there with them with my 3200 and that's what the problem was the hole time. They put there X2 4400 and all the problems were gone:mad: I pulled it out of the RDX200

Well after playing two hours of Oblivion I can say I'm very happy with this computer's performance already (had it at 1920x1200 8xAA (Forced) and HDR and it was smokin' fast).

I would just kinda like to say I've done 4Gs is all, we'll see, maybe someday... I still think I need to find RAM that's more comfortable in this board but at this point, meh, I need a few days off.