The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there some way to have Orthos stop automatically after a given running time or at a specific time. My guess is no but ...

it has a timer in it that will show you how long it's been running for then it's up to you to stop it

Yep, usually no problem but I often seem to be an hour or so short of 8 and have to leave. When the temps are happy then ok but if I am pushing harder I like to keep half an eye on it and won't leave it overnight.

Guest drteming

This is kind of weird, but I think it has to do with the stability of ORTHOS. After I installed the AMD CPU driver, the MS hotfix and the dual core optimizer on the expert rig, I was able to drop the voltage required for stability @ 2.6 GHz from 1.254v to 1.203v. Has anyone seen this?

BTW, currently priming at 2.8 GHz at 1.325v. Took me forever to get the right timing for the 166 divider. It ended up being the DRAM drive strength and the DRAM data drive strength. At 2.6 GHz, with the 180 divider for a RAM speed of 260 MHz, I was running level 3 and 1 respectively. At 2.8 GHz, with the 166 divider for a RAM speed of 255 MHz, it took level 6 and 3 for stability. Not looking forward to the 150 divider when I gun for another GGG. Stupid BQ memory controller. I never had this problem with my other 165 (CCBBE) or the 144 (CAB1E)

--edit

Kind of appropriate that this is my 166th post as I had so much trouble with the 166 divider :P

This is kind of weird, but I think it has to do with the stability of ORTHOS. After I installed the AMD CPU driver, the MS hotfix and the dual core optimizer on the expert rig, I was able to drop the voltage required for stability @ 2.6 GHz from 1.254v to 1.203v. Has anyone seen this?

BTW, currently priming at 2.8 GHz at 1.325v. Took me forever to get the right timing for the 166 divider. It ended up being the DRAM drive strength and the DRAM data drive strength. At 2.6 GHz, with the 180 divider for a RAM speed of 260 MHz, I was running level 3 and 1 respectively. At 2.8 GHz, with the 166 divider for a RAM speed of 255 MHz, it took level 6 and 3 for stability. Not looking forward to the 150 divider when I gun for another GGG. Stupid BQ memory controller. I never had this problem with my other 165 (CCBBE) or the 144 (CAB1E)

--edit

Kind of appropriate that this is my 166th post as I had so much trouble with the 166 divider :P

You went from weak to strong 3 to 6. Is that odd? Have you had this work before?

On Orthos are you limiting memory to 800MB?

Guest navinjohnson

I just got a new case (CM stacker) and moved everything into it. Two odd things happened. The first thing is good. My temps dropped 6C! The second thing is bad. I am no longer stable at 3.0, and can therefor not benchmark honestly at 3.0. I have rolled back to 2.9 and re-flashed the BIOS (at stock of course).

I'm going to re-seat the heatsink and if that doesn't clear things up, I'll lap it. Man I hate lapping.

Guest drteming
You went from weak to strong 3 to 6. Is that odd? Have you had this work before?

On Orthos are you limiting memory to 800MB?

Never had to fiddle with my timings before for different dividers. Once I got my RAM stable, it always ran well with different dividers as long as I did not exceede the maximum stable speed.

How do you limit the memory use for Orthos? I know how to do it in Prime95, but I can't seem to find to option to do so in Orthos.