The AMD 3GHz Club

i found with raids it really wasn't that much faster as to risk data i mean woah a whole 3 seconds or what ever probably wasn't even that much quicker I mean thats just a nut scratch i don't bench, only for stability nothing else i used to right down the results but run the same bench right after the results were allways diff anyway......ok so i'm rambling here better go..............

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone give me a quick run down on orthos?

#1 how do i set it to test both cores? or do it do it by itself?

#2 how can i check if its testing doth cores?

If i open task manager it shows two cpu history. Is that cpu 0 & 1?

what 704 bios for the NF4 D allows you to use the 150 divider as now i remember why i didn't use the tony 704-2 bata. It has every divider BUT the 150 :sad: WoW seen Winslow @ 2900 for the first time . With the tonys 704. was geting woryed as 6-23 never seen it paste 2800 no mater what i did

@wil, Tony's 406 BTA allows the 150 divider. As dividers are a new thing to me, i thought that some were only available depending on your other settings, i could well be wrong but someone may be able to clarify that.

:)Glad you got your data back. Did the software just undelete it, or was it more involved than that ?

Humm... I get better boot times with my Raid-0 array. Hdd tach sez better by nearly X2 through-put. But I don't keep any important data on them. OS-games ect. Anything of import goes on my storage drives. I don't keep any data worth raid-1.

@wil, Tony's 406 BTA allows the 150 divider. As dividers are a new thing to me, i thought that some were only available depending on your other settings, i could well be wrong but someone may be able to clarify that.

:)Glad you got your data back. Did the software just undelete it, or was it more involved than that ?

well dividers are limited by some CPUs and some bios ver

yeah man that program worked slick. told it to look for deleted partitions and it went right into a dos window. showed me what if found and ask me what to fix. i highlighted my raid and said fix it. It DID all done in 5 Min's from first opening the program that was slick :D now i done did it again it think. I flashed to the 704 ( with my raid unplugged ) I don't know how to set it back up lol. I'm not worried as of yet as i can flash back to the 6 23 and load a reload ( I Hope ) :D

these duel cores are a hole new ball game to me I'm not getting any were. I set it to 280x10 very first boot ran ORTHOS . It passed and I never seen any thing more in 6-23 so i flashed to tony's 704 and it will boot winslow at 2950 but ant passed nothing but 2800 so I'm thinking its a bum chip. Its going to make me go 1 HTT at a time i just feel it. But with no 150 divider if i make it to 3 gig that will be it 3000 as my ram is taxed out on the 166. But it ant looking good

Guest navinjohnson

Give it time wil. I thought I had a bum chip for a while, but I kept trying new things and now I am convinced that I can coax this thing to 3ghz. The biggest difference for me was getting proper cooling though.

Give it time wil. I thought I had a bum chip for a while, but I kept trying new things and now I am convinced that I can coax this thing to 3ghz. The biggest difference for me was getting proper cooling though.

you got a 150 divider in that bios your using ? and what bios is that ? the 704 bats worked real nice with my ram but I need the 150 divider or there's no 3 gig unless i go the 143 lol not likely.

Is that Thermalright 120A the 12 pipe one ? if so you running two fans ?

Since no one really pays attention to the LGA775 thread that much:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820227190 ~~~ what are your guys's thoughts on this RAM? A reviewer said it works great with an EVGA board like mine.

Just thinkin' about "downgrading" to that since it has better timings and I kinda want the performance boost, since the 300MB difference in available ram really ain't worth 130 bucks. (price difference between that ram and my mushkin 4GB kit.)