The AMD 3GHz Club

:) Orthos'ing at 1.525x110%, set at 291x11 as i type. What the hell, in for a penny, in for a pound :D

That's the spirit! There are still a few of us subscribed to this thread, though I have nothing new to enter, either.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks KitFit...Some of your timings are mixed in there. If I thought I could get er' in @under 1.675 with my cooling I would be so sorely tempted that yes I would try.(Heck if I thought she'd fly @1.7 right now I'd doit.(I have another processor)) If I had phase I think. I would probably try almost as far cuoficr went in superpi's. 1.7 with your cooling? OCDB Yeah knowin' me I no doubt would eventually get around to trying it.

Edit: (Humm... The only to examples of my processor stepping under phase cold bug really early on@10c and 0c respectively though.) I had it cold bugg past winter once @ambient.(Had to wait for the room to warm up LOL) And I have no info on my spare processors stepping.(Heck it could be one of those good 1's.Anyways I've seen no report's of cold bugg either.) Anyone know anything? XP4000-LCBBE 0643SPMW

I've been meanin' to redo my loop for the longest time. (Still puttin' it off. Dunno what I'm doin ezactly) Guess when I get to it I'll flip a coin. On the processors. As the one in there does ok.. The other 1 could be killer but it could be a dog too.

Hehee yer' doin' some really really nice work there. Best to you on the processor voltages.... :)

I don't know anything about single core coldbug stepping. But i can say with dual cores that as far as i know all CCBWE's are bug free. The downside of them though is that on air they nearly all clock like dogs. My old 170 would only do 2.7gig on air. I don't know what my 175 does on air, as it's been under phase from day one.

Hows that OCDB comming along?(3190? nice work!)Edit: 3201 even nicer bad adding on my part!

hummm.... On air? I never got past 2900mhz for OCDB on air. But I was being really really stubborn about my timings. (The sticks would do 300x9 2.5-3-3-7 prime ok. but as I upped the multi.it seemed the memcontroller didn't like it.290X10 same thing.(Prime ok) 274X11 was a no-go) Anyway the processor stopped scaling @around 1.65 on air. I think the best 32mpi was sumptin' like 3070 on air. 1mpi I was able to wring sumptin' like 3.1 outta' it maybe a little more.. On H2O It seems like 1.7 is about it. At anyrate 1.725 didn't seem to help the superpi's any.

Has anyone seen TheFlowerKing? Or could someone update my ggg standings? I kinda messed up that template somehow.Maybe I should repost. What does everyone think? Angry?

Here comes a message with 3188, I think I can get to 3200+ when my Thermaltake 120 Ultra comes. Right now it's just AMD Windsor 5600+ except with Arctic Silver from CompUSA (was desperate, hopefully not some watered down version.)

@Heinrich: Welcome... And we eagerly await your post. Are ya' gonna' enter some pi's or an OCDB?

Just ordered another xp4000. (Thier cheap enough right now maybe I shoulda' ordered 2#) Oh well 2# xp4000's is enough 3# 939's oughta keep me busy.

Maybe the new 1 will have a known stepping that I can sorta' perview my results. LOL Actually I kinda' have a good feeling about the first one. It's just getting me around to swappin' them. I guess I'll have to flip my coin twice now. That is if it lands on heads first.First flip= Heads swap,Tails stay. Seconed flip Heads=XP-A Tails XP-B. Clay's sceintific approach to processor selection. LOL

I guess I'll have to flip my coin twice now. That is if it lands on heads first.First flip= Heads swap,Tails stay. Seconed flip Heads=XP-A Tails XP-B. Clay's sceintific approach to processor selection. LOL

Sounds perfectly rational to me :nod: (mind you, i am a nutter) At least you've got a choice of cpu's Clay :drool:

Hey guys.. an advice here..

What is the recommended LDT voltage control, Chipset voltage control, DRAM voltage control ? Because I have some settings to try but I just see of them way too high

What is the recommended LDT voltage control, Chipset voltage control, DRAM voltage control ? Because I have some settings to try but I just see of them way too high

DRAM depends on your RAM specs, and the others are little tweaks that can improve stability when you start cranking on your OC with high HTT. Pay close attention to your RAM specs, as you don't want to do anything regrettable. Also remember that some RAM responds well to a little voltage (for increased stability) - but some doesn't like or need it.

Happy clocking :)

It really depends on how far you are going. in which direction. I still havent figured all that out with any big degree of certainty. (I jus' crash it til' it werks.LOL) I think my chips are set for 1.6v LTD 1.3v because my fsb is 302 currently LDT multi is 3x. But that multi varies with the fsb. Too much bad. Not enough bad. Read the overclockers guide. you'll get a better idea.

Has anyone seen TheFlowerKing?

I'm still here mate :D Work is unbelievable at the moment and I am up until 1am most nights on a test server (SuSE, not Gentoo :( it's the industry standard unfortunately)

Nice update Clay! Less volts and more hertz, that's the way to do it!

If I'm ever lacking, just pop me a PM and I'll attend to it.. (eventually :sad:)

I haven't even had the luxury of time to overclock since moving into this place, play me a violin, but rest assured, this is still one of my homes ;)

But for now.. it is back into Xen and my girl SuSE..