The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you overclocking gurus what would be better

G.Skill F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ [2x1GB] (UCCC) [3-4-4-8] or

Mushkin XP4000 2x1GB Black Series [2x1GB] (UCCC) [3-4-3-8]

Lemme put it this way... would you rather have sticks that will PROBABLY get you 250MHz @ 3-4-4-8 with some work... or ones that you can try half a dozen different settings already in use here on DIY Street and then nail 3-3-2-6 @ 250MHz with the Mushkins?

Price shouldn't matter as Mushkins in my humble opinion are the best. Fastest running 2GB kit every to set foot in my case. I've had mine as high as 260 with the same settings with less OC on my processor, but run'em 24/7 at the settings in my OCDB entry.

Short Answer: In the words of Arnold, "Get the Mushkins if you want to Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive" ;)

Well. likewhoa told me to try these settings the first time

FSB Bus Freq 225

LDT/FSB Freq Rat x3.0

CPU/FSB Freq Rat x9.0

LDT Volt 1.20v

CHipset Volt 1.50v

DRam Vol 2.61v

I still am a noob and dont know much I found the redlines for $216 online but likewhoa told me they suck because the older redlines are the best.. but then I was told here and in irc not to get Mushkin if its not redlines. So the option was G.Skill or OCZ

And since the OCZ seems to have better timings and it seems most ppl favorite on irc a guy told me those extra $15 are worth it.. not sure if it'll be worth it for me. but I'm just gonna go with the cheapest at this point since its not making much sense anymore but I was thinking of going with the OCZ though. but dont know what to do too much money I've been wasting ..

So basically I want the sticks that will get me higher overclocks and easier settings or so..

The easier the better

As I said, all of those choices are fine, it's pretty much impossible for us to advise any further without testing them first. SO.... it's a crap shoot, but either of those three are capable of hitting a home run.

Don't listen to Charmed though...;)

All things being equal then it boils down to personal preference.

Lemme put it this way... would you rather have sticks that will PROBABLY get you 250MHz @ 3-4-4-8 with some work... or ones that you can try half a dozen different settings already in use here on DIY Street and then nail 3-3-2-6 @ 250MHz with the Mushkins?
I thought the 3-3-2-6 capables were Infineon CE-6 based? (i.e. the redlines) Man I wish my UCCC could do that - 3-4-4-8 @285 is it's max though. :(

Nice scores there wil! Congrats on the GGG! :D

Hopefully I'll be around more, I've been kinda lax lately. Moved out on my own and have been working towards getting my Novell certification when work isn't constantly hounding me.

Aahh.. the life of the eternal "on call".

At least they give me servers to play with..

Poor you... Personally? I'd put out the Doe and get you Redlines man, you won't regret it. I passed'em by for years and look at me now? I haven't change hardware in months thanks to these babies...

And yes I'm still alive... with my overclocking achievement done, I've been living the high life of watching DVDs, playing games galor, role-playing, and dealing with stupid Cricket Customers at work... thank god they're moving out of our Call Center in a few days.

Nice scores there wil! Congrats on the GGG! :D

Hopefully I'll be around more, I've been kinda lax lately. Moved out on my own and have been working towards getting my Novell certification when work isn't constantly hounding me.

Aahh.. the life of the eternal "on call".

At least they give me servers to play with..

Thank TheFlowerKing

Give these settings a go. DDS is 6 and vdimm is 2.7v

thumb_3G-Latest.JPG

Nope. No joy makes it to desktop and that's it. at 270 with that lol

My corsair XL will do 300 but there only 256s