How many times have we seen this debate?

Nobody here really cares if your rig is stable or not. We don't use it so it doesn't make a bit of difference to us, but if you want to make the 3G club you have to post an entry. It's as simple as that for us.

I have all kinds of different levels of stability for my rigs. Everything from server stable to "I can't believe that made it into Windows" Just depends on what I'm doing with my rig at the time. Besides, there are stock CPU's that run at 3.0 and if you look at the number of entries in the club it isn't that big of a deal anymore.

Like I said I don't know what you really want . how can I do this if there are no links to the things I have to do?

The one person that linked me linked me to some thing that made me bug eyed .

I would like it if you could just tell me what this OCDB is as I have goggled it and came up empty handed .

it would be easer for me to know what you expect and to have plain and simple links to it all . some of us are not mind readers . and I am not perfect so plainly tell me what tests you want were to get them and how to post it . that is all I ask I will do them they are not going to kill my system you know .

Thank You and as soon as I get some clear links and some help I will do the tests for you all.

Like I said I don't know what you really want . how can I do this if there are no links to the things I have to do?

The one person that linked me linked me to some thing that made me bug eyed .

I would like it if you could just tell me what this OCDB is as I have goggled it and came up empty handed .

it would be easer for me to know what you expect and to have plain and simple links to it all . some of us are not mind readers . and I am not perfect so plainly tell me what tests you want were to get them and how to post it . that is all I ask I will do them they are not going to kill my system you know .

Thank You and as soon as I get some clear links and some help I will do the tests for you all.

Trickson this should explain everything

[quote name='THEnumber337;715944']You save it and edit it to fill in your own information.[/quote]

How do I do that ?
GOD I feel like such a noob. but I have never don this before .
OK wait I think I saved it now all I have to do is go through all that code and put my own things in right ?

How do I do that ?

GOD I feel like such a noob. but I have never don this before .

OK wait I think I saved it now all I have to do is go through all that code and put my own things in right ?

Yeah, just open it up in notepad and put in your specs and stuffs. Leave the format and all the code in place though unless you want it to look different.

The main reason for the strict guidelines and the format is that say for instance you just bought a new set of RAM or a new CPU with a particular stepping and you might have an idea what overclock you can achieve but you have no idea about what to try with secondary memory timings and such. You can just go to the Overclocking Database (OCDB) and do a search for you particular type of memory or cpu or motherboard or anything else and see what other users might have used to get there rig stable by the guidelines. I for one have turned to the OCDB before to help sort out secondary memory timings and other things and it has been an enormous help. I hope this helps explain the guidelines, format, and structure of the OCDB. Good luck. :)

Yeah, just open it up in notepad and put in your specs and stuffs. Leave the format and all the code in place though unless you want it to look different.

The main reason for the strict guidelines and the format is that say for instance you just bought a new set of RAM or a new CPU with a particular stepping and you might have an idea what overclock you can achieve but you have no idea about what to try with secondary memory timings and such. You can just go to the Overclocking Database (OCDB) and do a search for you particular type of memory or cpu or motherboard or anything else and see what other users might have used to get there rig stable by the guidelines. I for one have turned to the OCDB before to help sort out secondary memory timings and other things and it has been an enormous help. I hope this helps explain the guidelines, format, and structure of the OCDB. Good luck. :)

OK I am now doing this but I have to say this is one hell of a hard thing . It took me a long time to find a link to all the stuff I have and the 7800 GT's were not even locatable in as much for sale that is . but I am drudging through it all .

One thing is how am I to link the pic's and stuff like the screen shots ? can I us imageshack for this ?

OK I am now doing this but I have to say this is one hell of a hard thing . It took me a long time to find a link to all the stuff I have and the 7800 GT's were not even locatable in as much for sale that is . but I am drudging through it all .

One thing is how am I to link the pic's and stuff like the screen shots ? can I us imageshack for this ?

Screw Imageshack...take a look at this instead

Use imageshack it's easy.

And OCDB Entry is very simple, most people are just too lazy to sit here and explain it to you because the thread already does... anyway...

You need to have one screen shot with an 8 hour + run of Orthos, and 2 CPUz's on it, one showing the main tab, one showing the memory tab, and a successful run of 3DMark01SE on it.

Then you need screenshots of 3DMark03 successfully run, 3DMark05 successfully run and 3DMark06 successfully run (all separate)

If you want an example, check out the ones in my signature ;)

And you need the entry format that it seems you already have to put these all in... I use imageshack because it's easy and pretty much idiot proof ;)

Finally done some updates! Nice to see a new face in the top ten of the racetrack! :D Congrats tytlyf! :D:D

I'm still here, just hiding a little.. (work is hectic as buggery since I got my new position, but I'm learning a LOT about servers :))

Guest drteming

Got some new hardware for the Biostar rig and is in the process of revising my OCDB entry. Was able to squeeze a few more MHz's out of the 144. 7 hours and 40 minutes into SP2004, instead of hitting Ctrl-Alt-Enter on my Linux rig (to get out of fullscreen in rdesktop), I did it on the Biostar rig, terminating the SP2004 run by accident. I need to keep the keyboards far away from each other...

Got all the other screenshots, however. Stupid AM3 won't play with the x1950 GT.

I guess I will go for another SP2004 run tonight, though I don't like to leave the machine unattended if possible...